    client side.

    any solutions ??, help, please...

    Andy

    Andrzej Nycz, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Andrzej Nycz

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:28:32 +0200, "Andrzej Nycz" <> wrote:

    ¤ Hi,
    ¤ I'm using Windows Authentication in my ASPNET application, but there is no
    ¤ way to logoff user beside to close the browser because user is cached on
    ¤ client side.
    ¤
    ¤ any solutions ??, help, please...

    This is correct. The only way to flush credentials is via the browser or underlying browser
    technology. In addition, the process (if supported) would be different depending upon the type of
    browser being used. For example there is an ActiveX component that will enable you to do this with
    IE but it would have to be downloaded and installed on the client first.

    The best way to enable this feature is to use Simple Forms Authentication instead of Basic or
    Integrated NT authentication.

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Sep 27, 2004