    shutoff Windows Firewall

    I'm able to open http://localhost/localstart.asp.

    I'm at a loss....

    Billallan_98272, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Also... Proxy settings shut off... I can see me own Localstart.asp page.

    I'm seeing this on both Web Server Connection Access methods of File Share
    and FrontPage Extensions.

    Billallan_98272, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Billallan_98272

    Paxton Guest

    Billallan_98272 wrote:
    > Also... Proxy settings shut off... I can see me own Localstart.asp page.
    >
    > I'm seeing this on both Web Server Connection Access methods of File Share
    > and FrontPage Extensions.
    >
    > "Billallan_98272" wrote:
    >
    > > XP Pro w/ Service pack 2
    > > VB.net 2003
    > > INstalled prerequisites, VB.net, MSDN library.
    > >
    > > Tried to create a new Web Application.
    > >
    > > I get an error message that states A connection with the server could not be
    > > established. I've clicked on Help and none of the paths has corrected my
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > Ran aspnet_regiis.exe /i
    > >
    > > I set permissions to account ASPNet (added) to the Users group.
    > >
    > > shutoff Windows Firewall
    > >
    > > I'm able to open http://localhost/localstart.asp.
    > >
    > > I'm at a loss....

    This is a classic ASP news group, and your problem appears related to
    ASP.NET. You will stand more chance of finding someone to answer your
    questions over at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    /P.

    Paxton, Jan 13, 2006