Cant open ASP.NET web projects in Visual Studio 2003

Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am muthu kumar.. I am a beginner to .NET environment..Both windows as well as web projects was working well , when i installed VS 2003 with IIS 6. Recently i got some viruses in my system and i have removed it successfuly with some disk cleaning works.. But now i cant open VB.NET web project in VS 2003. When i tried to open an existing or new project, it shows the following error
"The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost:/My_Web'. 'HTTP/1.1.500 Server Error'."

when i tried to open the url http://localhost in IE 6, it shows
"Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.
"

I have reinstalled VS 2003 and IIS.. Also registerd IIS with aspnet_regiis -i..

But nothing works.. Anybody please can u help me...

Please, I need the solution asap if anybody knows because i am in a critical situation...

Yours Truly
Muthu Kumar N