Can't open asp xml page

Eddie

Hello, there.

I'm just a newbie for ASP.

I made a webpage with VS2005. The page contains nothing. It's a default page
when I created webpage in the VS2005.

IE shows me error message that he can't open xml page.

I don't know what is the problem.

I hope you guys help a newbie.
Thanks in advance.

Eddie

============= Error message =================================

he XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource
'http://localhost/myAsp/Default.aspx'. Line 1, Pos...

CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
-^

================ Default.aspx =================================

CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">

</form>

================ Default.aspx.cs ============================

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

DavidG

Is this an ASP.NET 2.0 webpage?

If so you *might* need to run through some config steps to enable aspx
in IIS, because I had to do the following:

1) Register asp.net with IIS (aspnet_regiis.exe)
2) In IIS mmc make sure aspx 2.0 is enabled

The above is covered in the online help or MSDN

dean4if

Hi DavidG,

How does one make sure aspx 2.0 is enabled in IIS mmc?

I have a couple Windows 2000 Servers. The ones that do not have Visual
Studio 2005 installed show a tab for ASP.NET in the IIS MMC, but the only
server that has Visual Studio 2005 installed does not show this tab.

When I use Visual Studio 2005 to try and access a local IIS web, I get an
error saying Visual Studio 2005 does not support SharePoint webs.

Thanks for any help you can offer to get ASP.NET 2.0 working with my Visual
Studio 2005 installation.

Dean