Can't open asp xml page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eddie, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Eddie

    Eddie Guest

    Hello, there.

    I'm just a newbie for ASP.

    I made a webpage with VS2005. The page contains nothing. It's a default page
    when I created webpage in the VS2005.

    IE shows me error message that he can't open xml page.

    I don't know what is the problem.

    I hope you guys help a newbie.
    Thanks in advance.

    Eddie

    ============= Error message =================================

    he XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
    and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
    A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource
    'http://localhost/myAsp/Default.aspx'. Line 1, Pos...

    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
    -^

    ================ Default.aspx =================================

    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    </form>

    ================ Default.aspx.cs ============================

    using System;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Configuration;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.Security;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

    Eddie, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Henrique Mello, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Eddie

    Eddie Guest

    I configured IIS.

    http://localhost designates c:\inetpub\wwwroot
    default.aspx is in virtual directory named myAsp.

    So http://localhost/myAsp/Default.aspx is the right file.

    I tried to move Default.aspx to wwwroot and the result shows same
    thing(http://localhost/Default.aspx).

    When I surf http://localhost, IE shows me default asp file correctly(it
    is named iisstart.asp).

    So I think the IIS works properly.

    Any idea?

    Eddie, Jan 13, 2006
  4. Eddie

    DavidG Guest

    Is this an ASP.NET 2.0 webpage?

    If so you *might* need to run through some config steps to enable aspx
    in IIS, because I had to do the following:

    1) Register asp.net with IIS (aspnet_regiis.exe)
    2) In IIS mmc make sure aspx 2.0 is enabled

    The above is covered in the online help or MSDN

    DavidG, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Eddie

    dean4if Guest

    Hi DavidG,

    How does one make sure aspx 2.0 is enabled in IIS mmc?

    I have a couple Windows 2000 Servers. The ones that do not have Visual
    Studio 2005 installed show a tab for ASP.NET in the IIS MMC, but the only
    server that has Visual Studio 2005 installed does not show this tab.

    When I use Visual Studio 2005 to try and access a local IIS web, I get an
    error saying Visual Studio 2005 does not support SharePoint webs.

    Thanks for any help you can offer to get ASP.NET 2.0 working with my Visual
    Studio 2005 installation.

    Dean

    -----

    dean4if, Feb 12, 2006