Can't open serial port on phone.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Boki, May 25, 2007.

  1. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Hi All,

    I am using J2ME code to control serial port, however, I can't have it
    work correctly.

    Here is my error message:

    FAILED withclass javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:
    The requested protocol does not exist comm:com0

    my code:

    comm = (StreamConnection)Connector.open("comm:com0");

    I also had tried the CommConnection:

    (CommConnection)Connector.open("comm:COM0;baudrate=115200",
    Connector.READ_WRITE,
    true);

    I have tried on many SDK ( Nokia S40, S60, Sony Ericsson, Motorola
    SDK ... )

    The Moto SDK even can't run correctly, it will close emulator.

    Thanks!
    Boki.

    Boki, May 25, 2007