    An error has occurred: 0x800702e4 The registered operation requires
    elevation

    What can I do?
    Icon Iconoclast, Nov 13, 2008

  2. Icon Iconoclast

    BigDave Guest

    Re: Cant register ASPX with IIS 7 on my Vista (I'm running .NET 3.5Framework)

    On 13 Nov, 18:23, "Icon Iconoclast" <icon_iconocl...@h-o-t-m-a-i-
    l.com> wrote:
    > When I run:
    >
    > C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -I
    >
    > I get the message:
    > An error has occurred: 0x800702e4 The registered operation requires
    > elevation
    >
    > What can I do?

    This is a guess - are you running it as an administrator?
    BigDave, Nov 13, 2008

  3. Icon Iconoclast

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Run As Administrator when opening Command prompt

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Icon Iconoclast

    Spider Guest

    "Jeff Dillon" <> дÈëÏûÏ¢
    > Run As Administrator when opening Command prompt
    >
    > "Icon Iconoclast" <> wrote in message
    >> When I run:
    >>
    >> C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -I
    >>

    >> I get the message:
    >> An error has occurred: 0x800702e4 The registered operation requires
    >> elevation
    >>

    >> What can I do?

    Opening a command line with Administrator rights is similar. Click on Start,
    go to Programs -> Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and choose Run
    as administrator. You¡¯ll be prompted to approve the action, and will then
    see a window that looks like this (notice the ¡®Administrator:¡¯ prefix!):
    Spider, Nov 14, 2008
  5. Icon Iconoclast

    bruce barker Guest

    Re: Cant register ASPX with IIS 7 on my Vista (I'm running .NET 3.5Framework)

    you are not supposed to use aspnet_regiis.exe with iis 7.0. the iis
    metabase has been replaced with config files. you edit these instead.
    normally you'd enable asp.net on iis 7.0 as a feature.

    read the iis 7.0 docs for more info.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 14, 2008