Can't resample with Lame

William

I am running Apache 1.3.29, ActiveState Perl 5.6, Windows XP and
mod_perl. Here is part of my httpd.conf file for configuring the
handler for the /Songs location.

<Location /Songs>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlSetEnv PATH c:/lame
PerlHandler Apache::MP3::Resample
PerlSetVar CacheDir /temp
PerlSetVar MP3Encoder 'lame --mp3input %b - <%f'
PerlSetVar ResamplePresets 'Low => -b16'
PerlSetVar AllowDownload no
</Location>

I set up a simple html file with the following:

Song_to_play.mp3 is located in the /Songs directory.

When I click on the link, the Apache::MP3 module streams the file in
it's original bitrate, but I want it to stream in the Low bitrate
(defined above). I'm not sure why this isn't working, but any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Walton

William said:
I am running Apache 1.3.29, ActiveState Perl 5.6, Windows XP and
mod_perl. Here is part of my httpd.conf file for configuring the
handler for the /Songs location.

<Location /Songs>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlSetEnv PATH c:/lame
PerlHandler Apache::MP3::Resample
PerlSetVar CacheDir /temp
PerlSetVar MP3Encoder 'lame --mp3input %b - <%f'
PerlSetVar ResamplePresets 'Low => -b16'
PerlSetVar AllowDownload no
</Location>

I set up a simple html file with the following:

Song_to_play.mp3 is located in the /Songs directory.

When I click on the link, the Apache::MP3 module streams the file in
it's original bitrate, but I want it to stream in the Low bitrate
(defined above). I'm not sure why this isn't working, but any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Is there supposed to be a Perl question buried in there somewhere? If
not, you would be much better off posting elsewhere, as we discuss Perl
here.