Can't retrieve text from DataListItem in DataList ...

Phil Corrin

.... but I can get the numerical index using the ItemIndex property.
Can anyone tell me how to get the text i.e. the data that is listed in
the datalist and that is output in the browser?

I've seen similar questions here but can't seem to find an answer.

I can get the ItemIndex by using:

myDataListItem.ItemIndex

and was hoping there would be a:

myDataListItem.Text

property.

Thanks,

Phil

Juno

Hi,

DataListItem has not Text property. DataListItem only contains controls,
so you may use DataListItem.Controls(index) to get the handle of that
control. And then use that control's relevent property to get Text.