    XP and IIS version 5.1.

    Thanks for any help you can give.

    Wayne
    wayne calvert, Oct 22, 2004

  2. I have noticed that if I pre-fill the text box with text (the controls are a
    textbox and a button) the text appears, though in the top left of the form
    not in the middle where I placed it. The textbox itself and the button do
    not appear at all.

    "wayne calvert" <> wrote in message
    > hello all
    >
    > I hope you can help with running web applications in VB.NET. I have just
    > started working with 'Visual Basic .NET Black Book'. I am at page 12 have
    > created the web application 'WebHello'. If I try running it as suggested

    in
    > the book (debug/PF5) it builds ok but I then get a msg saying 'Error while
    > trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The
    > server does not support debugging of ASP.NET or ATL Server Applications.

    Run
    > Setup to..etc'. If I run without debug the project runs, but I just get a
    > blank form with no controls shown. I am running on a laptop running

    Windows

    wayne calvert, Oct 22, 2004

  3. wayne calvert

    d Guest

    Hi there,

    That error occurs when you install .net and it does not create and assign
    the permissons correctly, if you are running .net on a domain controller you
    have to configure manually some windows policies and aggregate aspnet user to
    the Debuggers group.
    Possible solutions are reinstall .net framework or look for an article in
    the www.msdn.microsoft.com that have a complete guide to correct the problem

    see ya...

    d, Oct 22, 2004
  4. cheers problem resolved with:-