Cant run ASP.NET Web Application

wayne calvert

hello all

I hope you can help with running web applications in VB.NET. I have just
started working with 'Visual Basic .NET Black Book'. I am at page 12 have
created the web application 'WebHello'. If I try running it as suggested in
the book (debug/PF5) it builds ok but I then get a msg saying 'Error while
trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The
server does not support debugging of ASP.NET or ATL Server Applications. Run
Setup to..etc'. If I run without debug the project runs, but I just get a
blank form with no controls shown. I am running on a laptop running Windows
XP and IIS version 5.1.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Wayne

wayne calvert

I have noticed that if I pre-fill the text box with text (the controls are a
textbox and a button) the text appears, though in the top left of the form
not in the middle where I placed it. The textbox itself and the button do
not appear at all.