Can't Run ASP Pages

CB

You could help by mentioning what error message you get when you try to run one of the pages.

Kenneth Keeley

Hi,
My Win2K Server will not display ASP files, I can't seem to find anything
wrong with the settings, What might be wrong.

Any help would be most welcome.
Kenneth Keeley

CB

That error message usually (if not always) means you have a bug in your code. Probably nothing is wrong with the server settings

There is a way to get more detailed error messages from IIS, so you know more about the code problem and what line is causing the error. I couldn't tell you how, though

As an alternative, you can look in your server log, assuming IIS is generating logs somewhere, which it usually does unless you turn the logs off. In the log, you will see a line for the failed hit, with an error notation which will give an error code and the line in the script that is failing.

Kenneth Keeley

Internal Server Error 500.

It doesn't matter what settings I use I still get the same error.

CB said:
You could help by mentioning what error message you get when you try to
run one of the pages.

Guest

Disable "Show Friendly HTTP Errror messages" in your browser advaced
settings and you will see what exactly is going on on server side. So
instead getting plain #500 pages you will have some text that explains you
something. This is first thing that you have to do before saying that your
ASP is screwed.

: Internal Server Error 500.
: