Can't run cgi script with Apache 2.2 with Windows XP

Patrick Lynch

I'm trying to get Ruby up and running using a CGI script in a Windows
XP/Pro.
I entered the following URL in the IE browser:
localhost:8080/cgi-bin/hello.cgi.
The following is returned on the browser: 500 Internet Server Error.
The following is in the Apache Error Log: ...cgi-bin/hello.cgi is not
executable...

It appears that Windows doesn't know how to execute the hello.cgi
script...
Might be a httpd.conf configuration file issue.

If I was in a Unix environment I would try adding a shebang to the
beginning of the file...

I'd appreciate any help...