    Thanks
    Ronald
    , Feb 20, 2005

  2. Curt Hibbs Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I downloaded the one-click installer ruby182-14 for windows. It
    > installs ok but freeride.rb will not run, neither from the start menu
    > or from the bat files. The runw.bat just opens a dos window and runs
    > the bat file but nothing happens. The run.bat runs the dos window the
    > flips thru lots of lines on screen so fast i can't read them but they
    > say something like "Failing to load" & "failing to start" the various
    > files needed. I am on windows 95, Can anyone help me?

    I don't think its ever been tested on windows 95, but here's a few things
    you could try:

    1) Delete the freeride configation files (they'll be recreated). Open a dos
    box and run the command "echo %USERPROFILE%", this will tell you where your
    home directory is. In that directory there should be a subdirectory named
    freeride -- delete the freeride directory. Now try running freeride.

    2) Uninstall the one-click installer, delete the freeride directory as in
    #1, and then reinstall the one-click installer. Now try running freeride.

    3)Try running the stand-alone version of freeride. You can download the
    installer here:
    http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=31

    If none of the above help post you freeride log file and we'll see if it
    contains any clues. You can find it at:

    %USERPROFILE%\freeride\config\freeride.log

    Be sure to delete the log first, then run freeride to get a log containing
    only that freeride session.

    It is possible, though, that freeride does not run on windows 95.

    Curt
    Curt Hibbs, Feb 20, 2005

    Curt Hibbs wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > > I downloaded the one-click installer ruby182-14 for windows. It
    > > installs ok but freeride.rb will not run, neither from the start

    menu
    > > or from the bat files. The runw.bat just opens a dos window and

    runs
    > > the bat file but nothing happens. The run.bat runs the dos window

    the
    > > flips thru lots of lines on screen so fast i can't read them but

    they
    > > say something like "Failing to load" & "failing to start" the

    various
    > > files needed. I am on windows 95, Can anyone help me?

    > I don't think its ever been tested on windows 95, but here's a few

    things
    > you could try:
    >
    > 1) Delete the freeride configation files (they'll be recreated). Open

    a dos
    > box and run the command "echo %USERPROFILE%", this will tell you

    where your
    > home directory is. In that directory there should be a subdirectory

    named
    > freeride -- delete the freeride directory. Now try running freeride.
    >
    > 2) Uninstall the one-click installer, delete the freeride directory

    as in
    > #1, and then reinstall the one-click installer. Now try running

    freeride.

    > 3)Try running the stand-alone version of freeride. You can download

    the
    > installer here:
    > http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=31
    >
    > If none of the above help post you freeride log file and we'll see if

    it
    > contains any clues. You can find it at:
    >
    > %USERPROFILE%\freeride\config\freeride.log
    >
    > Be sure to delete the log first, then run freeride to get a log

    containing
    > only that freeride session.
    >
    > It is possible, though, that freeride does not run on windows 95.
    >
    > Curt

    I Tried the freeride installation that came with the one-click
    installer, &
    also Downloaded the freestanding version you mentioned. Both behaved
    the
    same way: The one-click installer has bat files to run the .rb version
    and
    the W version. The W version didn't create a log file at all. Below is
    the
    log file when the .rb version was run.

    ===============================
    2005-02-26 10:18:49 :: [INFO] --- FreeRIDE Started on Sat Feb 26
    10:18:32 Eastern Standard Time 2005
    2005-02-26 10:18:49 :: [ERROR] Plugin(rubyide_fox_gui-appframe): Error
    1157: One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be
    found. -
    C:/RUBY/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.2-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so
    C:/RUBY/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.2-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so
    C:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    `require'
    C:/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/appframe.rb:17
    C:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    `require__'
    C:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    `require'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/plugin.rb:187:in `load'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/configuration.rb:68:in
    `load_plugins'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:64:in `initialize'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `new'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `startup'
    freeride.rb:77:in `startup'
    freeride.rb:116
    2005-02-26 10:18:49 :: [ERROR] Plugin(RRB): Error loading RRB
    uninitialized constant FreeRIDE::RRB::Fox
    C:/ruby/freeride/./plugins/rubyide_tools_rrb/rrb_plugin.rb:24
    C:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    `require__'
    C:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    `require'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/plugin.rb:187:in `load'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/configuration.rb:68:in
    `load_plugins'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:64:in `initialize'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `new'
    C:/ruby/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `startup'
    freeride.rb:77:in `startup'
    freeride.rb:116
    2005-02-26 10:18:50 :: [INFO] Plugin(rubyide_gui-outputpane):
    OutputPane plugin started

    ============================
    When I loaded freeride.rb into Scite and run it, I got the following
    output
    (Which is the same stuff shown on the Dos screen).

    =================================
    >ruby freeride.rbto load: rubyide_fox_gui-appframe

    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-fox_services
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-toolbar
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-menubar
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-editpane
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-outputpane
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-statusbar
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-dockpane
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-menupane
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui-dockbar
    Failing to load: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-appframe
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-fox_services
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-editpane
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-toolbar
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-menubar
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-editpane
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-outputpane
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-statusbar
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-dockpane
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui-outputpane
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_file_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_databus_inspector
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_debugger
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_configurator
    Failing to start: rubyide_fox_gui
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_source_browser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner

    Thanks for your help.
    Ronald
    , Feb 26, 2005