Can't save data to SQL Server

Guest

Hi Everyone,
I have a simple page right now to save an PO info to the server. I get the
following error:
"ExecuteNonQuery requires the command to have a transaction when the
connection assigned to the command is in a pending local transaction. The
Transaction property of the command has not been initialized."
Theres no error number. I'm using the following code:
Protected Sub cmdSave_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles cmdSave.Click
Dim mCommand As SqlCommand
Dim cnSQL as SqlConnection
Dim rtn as Integer
Dim result as Boolean = True
Dim SaveTrans As SqlTransaction
try
cmdAddnew.Enabled = True
cnSQL = OpenConnection()
SaveTrans = cnSQL.BeginTransaction
mCommand = New SqlCommand
mCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
mCommand.Connection = cnSQL
mCommand.CommandText = "Admin_AddPO"
mCommand.Parameters.add("@ProgramId", SqlDbType.Int ).Value =
cmbPrograms.SelectedValue
mCommand.Parameters.add("@OrderDate", SqlDbType.DateTime ).Value =
format(Now(), "mm/dd/yyyy")
mCommand.Parameters.add("@VendorName", SqlDbType.VarChar , 250 ).Value =
txtVendorName.Text
mCommand.Parameters.add("@ReturnValue", SqlDbType.int).Direction =
ParameterDirection.ReturnValue
mCommand.ExecuteNonQuery
rtn = mCommand.Parameters("@ReturnValue").Value.ToString

mCommand = New SqlCommand
mCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
mCommand.CommandText = "Admin_AddPOItems"
mCommand.Parameters.add("@POrderId", SqlDbType.Int ).Value = rtn
mCommand.Parameters.add("@CatalogeId", SqlDbType.VarChar , 20 ).Value =
txtCatalogID.Text
mCommand.Parameters.add("@ItemDescription", SqlDbType.VarChar , 250
).Value = txtDescription.Text
mCommand.Parameters.add("@Qty", SqlDbType.Int ).Value = txtQty.Text
mCommand.Parameters.add("@UnitPrice", SqlDbType.Money ).Value =
txtUnitPrice.Text
mCommand.Parameters.add("@Page", SqlDbType.VarChar , 10 ).Value =
txtPage.Text
mCommand.ExecuteNonQuery

Catch ex As Exception
msgbox(ex.Message )
result = False
finally
if result then
SaveTrans.Commit
SqlDataPOs.DataBind
else
SaveTrans.Rollback
End If
cnSQL.Dispose
mCommand.Dispose
SaveTrans.Dispose
End Try

End Sub

Public Function OpenConnection() as SqlConnection
try
NetCon = New SqlConnection
With NetCon
.ConnectionString = "packet size=4096;integrated security=SSPI;data
source=Backupsvr\bkupexec;persist security info=False;initial
catalog=PurchaseOrders"
.Open()
End With
return NetCon
Catch ex As Exception
msgbox(ex.Message )
return nothing
End Try
End Function

I hope someone can help. Thanks for any info that you can provide.
Michael

Guest

Sorry about this, I found my problem. I forgot to assign the transaction to
the command object
mCommand.Transation = SaveTrans
Thanks for the look.
Michael