can't save web page

Discussion in 'HTML' started by thedarkman, Jan 13, 2009.

  1. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    thedarkman, Jan 13, 2009

  2. thedarkman

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:51:02 -0800 (PST), thedarkman
    <> wrote:

    >I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
    >
    >http://www.businessworld.in/index.php/Columns/Dethroning-The-Dollar.html
    >
    >it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
    >some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
    >republished in at least one free newspaper.
    >
    >Can anyone help?
    >
    >Thanks

    with firefox I had no problem viewing the page source.
    You can save the entire page by clicking on the file menu on the
    toolbar.
    "Save as" a complete html page or text only page.
    You can also highlight what you want to save by holding the left mouse
    key down and scrolling down until all has been highlighted.
    Right click when done and select copy.
    Paste to notepad.

    BTW, it's already in your machine tucked away in one of those temp
    internet files so it can be done.
    richard, Jan 13, 2009

  3. thedarkman

    Tim Greer Guest

    thedarkman wrote:

    > I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
    >
    > http://www.bu....d.in/index.php/Columns/Dethroning-The-Dollar.html
    >
    > it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
    > some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
    > republished in at least one free newspaper.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks

    What browser are you using, what method did you try to use to save it?
    As someone else said, it's viewable, and surely cached. It's really
    impossible to prevent anyone from saving a document if you can view it
    in your web browser (people can try and make it harder, depending on
    what you're trying to save, but they can't prevent it from happening).
    Tim Greer, Jan 13, 2009
  4. thedarkman

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    thedarkman <> wrote:

    > I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
    >
    > http://www.businessworld.in/index.php/Columns/Dethroning-The-Dollar.html
    >
    > it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
    > some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
    > republished in at least one free newspaper.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    Open Safari and choose save (as archive). It works with this site and
    you can see the page offline on a Mac. I assume it might be the case
    with Windoze.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 13, 2009
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed thedarkman
    <> writing in news:83728a31-2260-44b9-9387-
    :

    > I want to save the following webpage, or at least the text from it.
    >
    > http://www.businessworld.in/index.php/Columns/Dethroning-The-Dollar.html
    >
    > it won't save and I can't get the source either; it may be there is
    > some sort of protection on it; I don't know why because it hs been
    > republished in at least one free newspaper.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks

    I have heard that clearing out your cache can help with this.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 13, 2009
  6. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    sorted now, thanks a lot

    thedarkman, Jan 14, 2009
  7. thedarkman

    news Guest

    You can do" ctrl C" then "ctrl V" in winword or other

    news, Feb 16, 2009