Can't see .csproj files

Guest

I'm helping a friend set up his dev environment. In trying to add an asp.net
project to his solution we are stuck. The web's virtual directory (a
ClearCase share) is defined and viewable from IIS. When we attempt to "load
an existing web project" from //localhost/<ourdir> we can browse to the
directory but no .csproj file is displayed. We have directory browsing
turned on. We are using UNC named shares, not FP extensions. Out of ideas!
What did I forget?

Thanks!

Lau Lei Cheong

Just be curious, aren't .csproj/.cs/.webinfo/.resx files explicitly
protected by IIS by setting the default ISAPI filter to those extension to
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll" so they
won't leak out by buggy setting of some administrators? Have you tried
remove these entries in the VD's web application?

Anyway, no offense but I believe the most possible case is that only the
"files needed to run the web sites" are copied to that server. We web
developers normally won't leave any .cs/.csproj/.resx files in production
environment. So I advise you to remote to the server and check to see if the
file is there.

Guest

Thanks Lau,

I think something else is causing the problem. Other users are able to load
the project 'from the web' without difficulty on their development servers.
We use ClearCase for source control and because of that each developer has a
virtual directory on //localhost that contains the web project. The VD is
actually a ClearCase mapped drive/directory. On the problem machine, we can
see all the files in this mapped drive/directory and even load some .htm
pages via IE off //localhost. VS.NET though can not see the .csproj file.
The .csproj extension is mapped as expected in IIS.