can't see highlighted text pythonwin

Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm having trouble seeing the text highlighted in PythonWin 2.6.2 on Windows XP Professional SP3. It seems that the highlight color somehow got set to white, which is the same color as the background color. So when I highlight text in PythonWin, I can't tell what was highlighted because everything looks the same.

If I change my background color to something other than white and try to highlight text in the editor, I can see tell what was highlighted because now the selection has a white background while the entire document is something other than a white background. As an example, the attachment shows the word "forget" highilghted. My question is how do I change the default color for highlighting?

Thanks.

Attachments

  • pythonwinhighlight.JPG
    pythonwinhighlight.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 294
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I finally figured out what was causing this problem. It looks like the contrast setting on my monitor was too high. This was preventing me from seeing any highlighting in pythonwin. I lowered the contrast setting and that solved my problem.