can't see my databases

Guest

hey all,
i'm using vs2005 and i'm under server explorer. i'm just trying to add a new
connection to .\sqlexpress (sql express 2005) using sql server authentication
but when i goto select the database in the dropdownlist there are 0 entries
in the list.

what i've done so far is Enabled the sa profile. what else might i be missing?

thanks,
rodchar

Michael Nemtsev

Hello rodchar,

Connect to server with the SQL management studio and check that these databases
exist

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

r> hey all,
r> i'm using vs2005 and i'm under server explorer. i'm just trying to
r> add a new
r> connection to .\sqlexpress (sql express 2005) using sql server
r> authentication
r> but when i goto select the database in the dropdownlist there are 0
r> entries
r> in the list.
r> what i've done so far is Enabled the sa profile. what else might i be
r> missing?
r>
r> thanks,
r> rodchar

LadyRoot

Did you configure the 'SQL surface area configuration' to enable connection
to SQL?
If so, try to connect to "localhost\sqlexpress".

greetz,

Guest

Under Database Engine/Remote Connections I select Using both TCP/IP and named
pipes, restarted sql server service, but that didn't seem to work. unless i
have to shut down visual studio and reopen i haven't tried that yet.