    Forbidden".

    Are these two problems have someting in common? Does anyone knows how to
    solve it? Thanks.
    Amit, May 14, 2006

  2. Amit

    Amit Guest

    And here is the error code:

    Server Error in '/200338267/eFitnessProject' Application

    The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.

    Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP
    status 403: Access Forbidden.

    Source Error:

    Line 131:
    [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("http://tempuri.org/DidUserPaid",
    RequestNamespace="http://tempuri.org/",
    ResponseNamespace="http://tempuri.org/",
    Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
    ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
    Line 132: public bool DidUserPaid(string userID) {
    *Line 133:* object[] results = this.Invoke("DidUserPaid", new
    object[] {
    Line 134: userID});
    Line 135: return ((bool)(results[0]));
    Amit, May 14, 2006

  3. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Re: Can't see pictures + Http Status 403 : Access Forbidden (error

    "Gaurav Vaish (EduJini.IN)" wrote:

    > "Amit" <> wrote in message
    > > When I run my project I can't see some of the pictures. Sometimes I see
    > > them
    > > all, sometimes I have to right-click each picture and then "Show picture"
    > > in
    > > order to see it. Moreover, When this problem began another problem occred-
    > > sometimes when I use webservices it says: "Httpp Status 403: Access
    > > Forbidden".
    > >
    > > Are these two problems have someting in common? Does anyone knows how to
    > > solve it? Thanks.

    > Check "authorization" element in web.config and ensure that you are
    > providing authentication information.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Gaurav Vaish
    > http://www.mastergaurav.org
    > http://www.edujini.in
    > -------------------

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name=".test" loginUrl="App_code/PleaseLogIn.aspx"/>
    </authentication>

    and maybe also:

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    Is there something wrong here?
    Amit, May 15, 2006
  4. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Re: Can't see pictures + Http Status 403 : Access Forbidden (error

    "Gaurav Vaish (EduJini.IN)" wrote:

    > > <authentication mode="Forms">
    > > <forms name=".test" loginUrl="App_code/PleaseLogIn.aspx"/>
    > > </authentication>
    > >
    > > and maybe also:
    > >
    > > <authorization>
    > > <deny users="?" />
    > > </authorization>
    > >
    > > Is there something wrong here?

    > Add the following:
    >
    > <location path='YourService.asmx'>
    > <system.web>
    > <authorization>
    > <allow users="*" />
    > </authorization>
    > </system.web>
    > </location>
    >
    > or better, put all services in "~/Services" folder and say:
    >
    > <location path='Services/'>
    > </location>
    >
    > In the present scenario, the user is not authorized. Authentication cookies
    > (.ASPXAUTH) are not being sent to the server.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Gaurav
    > http://www.edujini.in
    > -------------------

    My WebService is in another project. What am I supposed to type after the
    "path" attribute?

    is it: ../../myWebServices/webservice.asmx

    or simply:

    webservice.asmx
    ?
    Amit, May 15, 2006
  5. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Re: Can't see pictures + Http Status 403 : Access Forbidden (error

    "Gaurav Vaish (EduJini.IN)" wrote:

    > > My WebService is in another project. What am I supposed to type after the
    > > "path" attribute?

    > Amit,
    >
    > Did you try to look into the documentation of the ASP.Net Configuration
    > schema?
    > Anyway...
    > path is path of the file/folder relative to the application root (the
    > folder where web.config is kept).
    >

    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Gaurav Vaish
    > http://www.mastergaurav.org
    > http://www.edujini.in
    > -------------------
    >

    > > is it: ../../myWebServices/webservice.asmx
    > >
    > > or simply:
    > >
    > > webservice.asmx
    > > ?

    I typed:

    <location path="../myWebServices/app_code/PaymentDepartment.asmx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    And When I tried to run it says:

    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
    server. Server side-errors occured on sending debug HTTP request.
    Amit, May 16, 2006
  6. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Re: Can't see pictures + Http Status 403 : Access Forbidden (error

    I tried every path possible and nothing changed. The WS is in another project
    where there are no access limits.

    What do I need to type in the path attribute? I tried path="C:/Intepub..." ,
    didn't work. I tried some of the path, some of the folders, nothing helps.

    Amit, May 17, 2006