Can't seem to get rid of the padding

laredotornado

Hi,

Hopefully this is an easy question. If you look at the page

http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

you'll see on both PC IE and Firefox, the arrow graphic is surrounded
both above and below by some green background color. Green is the
background color of the table cell, and I'm trying to make the image
pressed neatly against the entire table cell, without any green
showing. Tried, style="padding:0px; margin:0px;". Any ideas of other
things I can do?

Thanks, - Dave

laredotornado

What's this supposed to mean?

Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

- Dave

dorayme

Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

- Dave

See my reply to your other post. Remove the align you have on it.

Jonathan N. Little

Hi, You meant the align in the IMG tag? I removed that attribute and
it approved things a little bit, but there's still an annoying space
beneath the image

http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

Because an IMG is an inline element and that is room for text
descenders. I thought someone already informed you of this. If you want
to have an image in a table cell not to have this space then display as
block

td img { display: block; }

Chris F.A. Johnson