    things I can do?

    Thanks, - Dave

    , Oct 18, 2007

  2. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > I'm trying to make the image
    > pressed neatly against the entire table cell

    What's this supposed to mean?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 18, 2007

    On Oct 18, 3:55 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > "" <> wrote:
    > > I'm trying to make the image
    > > pressed neatly against the entire table cell

    > What's this supposed to mean?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
    above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
    I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
    attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

    - Dave

    , Oct 18, 2007
  4. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > On Oct 18, 3:55 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > >
    > > "" <> wrote:
    > > > I'm trying to make the image
    > > > pressed neatly against the entire table cell

    > > What's this supposed to mean?
    > >
    > > --
    > > dorayme

    > Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
    > above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
    > I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
    > attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?
    >
    > - Dave

    See my reply to your other post. Remove the align you have on it.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 19, 2007

    On Oct 18, 6:14 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >

    > "" <> wrote:
    > > On Oct 18, 3:55 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > > In article
    > > > <>,

    > > > What's this supposed to mean?

    > > > --
    > > > dorayme

    > > Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
    > > above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
    > > I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
    > > attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

    > > - Dave

    > See my reply to your other post. Remove the align you have on it.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme- Hide quoted text -

    Hi, You meant the align in the IMG tag? I removed that attribute and
    it approved things a little bit, but there's still an annoying space
    beneath the image

    http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

    Thanks for the advice and continued help, - Dave

    , Oct 19, 2007
  6. wrote:

    > Hi, You meant the align in the IMG tag? I removed that attribute and
    > it approved things a little bit, but there's still an annoying space
    > beneath the image
    >
    > http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

    Because an IMG is an inline element and that is room for text
    descenders. I thought someone already informed you of this. If you want
    to have an image in a table cell not to have this space then display as
    block

    td img { display: block; }

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 19, 2007
  7. On 2007-10-19, wrote:
    > On Oct 18, 6:14 pm, dorayme <> wrote:

    >> "" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
    >> > above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
    >> > I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
    >> > attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

    It's too small for me to see any spacing, extra or otherwise.

    >> See my reply to your other post. Remove the align you have on it.

    > Hi, You meant the align in the IMG tag? I removed that attribute and
    > it approved things a little bit, but there's still an annoying space
    > beneath the image
    >
    > http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

    First, correct the HTML; using valid code may get rid of your
    problem (see <http://validator.w3.org/>).

    There are also other problems; see:
    <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/el.gif>

    Author: