    Hi All,

    I am trying to set the value of HtmlInputFile control programatically but I am getting the error that the value is not settable. The documentation shows that the value property is both read and write. Any help will be much appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    Mark, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Mark,

    You may have run into a case of incorrect documentation.

    I haven't looked at the documentation (since I don't know where you were
    looking), but using Visual Studio.Net's intellisense when I hover over
    HtmlInputFile.Value it says the following: "Gets the full path of the file
    on the client's computer." This means that "Value" is read only. If it
    wasn't intellisense would say: "Gets or Sets the full path of the file on
    the client's computer."

    Sincerely,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Mark

    Jj Guest

    I don't think it can be set.

    Why are you trying set to the value of the InputFile control on the server side? the control doesn't have access to the client side files anyway.

    Jianjun

    Jj, Nov 9, 2003