    line). After it downloaded I got the error "Invalid win32 installer package.
    Contact the installer vender to receive support". Any ideas why this would
    be? I run xp home sp3.

    Andy B, May 31, 2008

  2. re:
    !> Any ideas why this would be?

    The file you attempted to download didn't download correctly, or wasn't saved correctly.

    Is your internet connection reliable ?
    File corruption due to an unstable connection isn't unheard of.

    re:
    !> I run xp home sp3.

    That could happen with any OS.

    I suggest you attempt to download the file again,
    but before you do, check your hard drive for problems.

    Your HDD might have bad clusters, or it might have file allocation problems.

    Are you running FAT or NTFS on that drive ?
    Use XP's drive diagnostic tools to check the drive's integrity.

    CHKDSK /F would be a good choice.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, May 31, 2008

  3. Andy B

    Andy B Guest

    The drive is clean and runs ntfs since it is a 160gb drive. I tried
    downloading the file at least 7 differen't times and it has failed the
    install 100% of the time.

    Andy B, May 31, 2008
  4. Andy B

    Rory Becker Guest

    Hello Andy,

    > The drive is clean and runs ntfs since it is a 160gb drive. I tried
    > downloading the file at least 7 differen't times and it has failed the
    > install 100% of the time.

    Have you got any silverlight bits installed ( developer stuff). I though
    I heard something about uninstalling them first.

    --
    Ror

    Rory Becker, May 31, 2008
  5. Andy B

    Andy B Guest

    Not that I know of. The only thing I see in add/remove programs is
    "Microsoft Silverlight". I think that is the 1.1 runtime (or whatever the
    newest one is).

    Andy B, May 31, 2008