Can't update web reference when .disco moves.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Object01, Jun 28, 2007.

  1. Object01

    Object01 Guest

    Is this a bug? I've moved my working copy of a web service project
    from a remote server to my workstation, and have edited my consuming
    app's web.config to refer to the new .asmx location. It keeps trying
    to access the old web service!

    I've tried opening the solution and updating the consumer's web
    reference, and get these errors, in this order:
    "There was an error downloading 'http://newServer/service.asmx?
    disco'"
    "There was an error downloading 'http://oldServer/service.asmx?
    disco'
    The request failed with the error message:
    [error about service not being found ('cause I moved it!)]"

    But using Fiddler, I don't see -any- requests for anything (.disco,
    wsdl, or otherwise) at the new location, only the old location. My
    consuming app's .disco, .discomap, and .wsdl all contain URLs for only
    the old location.

    Isn't updating my web reference supposed to update everything based on
    the URL I enter in web.config? Currently I can only work around this
    by removing the web reference and re-adding it, which is unsuitable
    for a deployment situation. If this is the case, what's the point of
    making the service URL configurable in web.config?

    --
    Jeff S.

    Object01, Jun 28, 2007