CAN'T USE GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE

Del4541

Hello,
Yesterday, when I tried to use the Google seach engine, the message
"Error...forbidden (as shown below) appeared. I have tried dowloading
the google task bar but I still come back to the same message. I
can't use google! Something has been changed in my settings, I
suppose.
Can someone help me to rectify the problem?

Thanks,
Del

Error
Forbidden
Your client does not have permission to get URL /custom?
hl=en&q=kayaks&meta=&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&client=pub-7803381336700505&channel=3181435462&cof=
from this server. (Client IP address: 83.138.189.74)

The website you've just visited has tried to provide you with search
results from Google. Unfortunately, the site violates our terms of
service so your search could not be completed. If you would like to
continue with your search, please click the link below, which will
take you directly to Google and the results you've requested. We
apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to conduct future
searches directly from google.com or through the Google Toolbar, which
can be downloaded for free from this address: http://toolbar.google.com.
Click here to continue your search on Google.

dave_mikesell

Hello,
Yesterday, when I tried to use the Google seach engine, the message
"Error...forbidden (as shown below) appeared. I have tried dowloading
the google task bar but I still come back to the same message. I
can't use google! Something has been changed in my settings, I
suppose.
Can someone help me to rectify the problem?

Of all of the newsgroups on Usenet, why did you choose comp.lang.c++
to ask this question?

Del4541

Of all of the newsgroups on Usenet, why did you choose comp.lang.c++
to ask this question?

Please accept my apologies. I am new to Google Groups and realise
that I have, as you are suggesting, posted my question on the wrong
site. Again, apologies. I have posted the question on a computer
support site.
Del

Adrian Brown

But since you posted it, look in control panel->internet
options->connecitons->lan settings - make sure you dont have a proxy server
clicked, basically turn off all the check boxes. Itll probably work, if not,
try asking in one of the microsoft newsgroups.