CAN'T USE GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE

Discussion in 'C++' started by Del4541, May 7, 2007.

  1. Del4541

    Del4541 Guest

    Hello,
    Yesterday, when I tried to use the Google seach engine, the message
    "Error...forbidden (as shown below) appeared. I have tried dowloading
    the google task bar but I still come back to the same message. I
    can't use google! Something has been changed in my settings, I
    suppose.
    Can someone help me to rectify the problem?

    Thanks,
    Del

    Error
    Forbidden
    Your client does not have permission to get URL /custom?
    hl=en&q=kayaks&meta=&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&client=pub-7803381336700505&channel=3181435462&cof=
    from this server. (Client IP address: 83.138.189.74)

    The website you've just visited has tried to provide you with search
    results from Google. Unfortunately, the site violates our terms of
    service so your search could not be completed. If you would like to
    continue with your search, please click the link below, which will
    take you directly to Google and the results you've requested. We
    apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to conduct future
    searches directly from google.com or through the Google Toolbar, which
    can be downloaded for free from this address: http://toolbar.google.com.
    Click here to continue your search on Google.
    Del4541, May 7, 2007

  2. Del4541

    Guest

    On May 7, 11:16 am, Del4541 <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Yesterday, when I tried to use the Google seach engine, the message
    > "Error...forbidden (as shown below) appeared. I have tried dowloading
    > the google task bar but I still come back to the same message. I
    > can't use google! Something has been changed in my settings, I
    > suppose.
    > Can someone help me to rectify the problem?

    Of all of the newsgroups on Usenet, why did you choose comp.lang.c++
    to ask this question?
    , May 7, 2007

  3. Del4541

    Del4541 Guest

    On May 7, 4:19 pm, wrote:
    > On May 7, 11:16 am, Del4541 <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > Yesterday, when I tried to use the Google seach engine, the message
    > > "Error...forbidden (as shown below) appeared. I have tried dowloading
    > > the google task bar but I still come back to the same message. I
    > > can't use google! Something has been changed in my settings, I
    > > suppose.
    > > Can someone help me to rectify the problem?

    > Of all of the newsgroups on Usenet, why did you choose comp.lang.c++
    > to ask this question?

    Please accept my apologies. I am new to Google Groups and realise
    that I have, as you are suggesting, posted my question on the wrong
    site. Again, apologies. I have posted the question on a computer
    support site.
    Del
    Del4541, May 7, 2007
  4. Del4541

    Adrian Brown Guest

    But since you posted it, look in control panel->internet
    options->connecitons->lan settings - make sure you dont have a proxy server
    clicked, basically turn off all the check boxes. Itll probably work, if not,
    try asking in one of the microsoft newsgroups.

    Adrian Brown, May 7, 2007