Can't use local gem, 1.8.6, IntelliJ

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Henrik Rasmussen, Mar 1, 2008.

  1. Hi
    The objective:
    --------------
    I am trying to use log4r.

    What I do:
    ----------
    I write:

    require 'log4r'

    What happens:
    -------------
    , but get this message:

    in `require': no such file to load -- log4r (LoadError)

    The setting:
    ------------
    I am using 1.8.6 and the IntelligJ ruby plugin. Version 1.8.6 should
    include log4r.
    When I run gems list it is in the list.

    * * *** * *** * *
    * * * * * * * *
    *** ** * *** * *
    * * * * *
    * * *** *** * * *

    Please help.
    Henrik Rasmussen, Mar 1, 2008

  2. Henrik Rasmussen

    Todd Benson Guest

    On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 4:24 AM, Henrik Rasmussen <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > The objective:
    > --------------
    > I am trying to use log4r.
    >
    > What I do:
    > ----------
    > I write:
    >
    > require 'log4r'
    >
    > What happens:
    > -------------
    > , but get this message:
    >
    > in `require': no such file to load -- log4r (LoadError)
    >
    > The setting:
    > ------------
    > I am using 1.8.6 and the IntelligJ ruby plugin. Version 1.8.6 should
    > include log4r.
    > When I run gems list it is in the list.
    >
    > * * *** * *** * *
    > * * * * * * * *
    > *** ** * *** * *
    > * * * * *
    > * * *** *** * * *
    >
    > Please help.

    If it is not a path issue, you might need to do this...

    require 'rubygems'
    require 'log4r'

    Todd
    Todd Benson, Mar 1, 2008

  3. Thanks.

    It turned out to be path issue.

    Anyway, the way Ruby uses modules, require and includes is a bit
    confusing to me.
    Henrik Rasmussen, Mar 1, 2008