Can't use local gem, 1.8.6, IntelliJ

Henrik Rasmussen

Hi
The objective:
--------------
I am trying to use log4r.

What I do:
----------
I write:

require 'log4r'

What happens:
-------------
, but get this message:

in `require': no such file to load -- log4r (LoadError)

The setting:
------------
I am using 1.8.6 and the IntelligJ ruby plugin. Version 1.8.6 should
include log4r.
When I run gems list it is in the list.

* * *** * *** * *
* * * * * * * *
*** ** * *** * *
* * * * *
* * *** *** * * *

Please help.

Todd Benson

Hi
The objective:
--------------
I am trying to use log4r.

What I do:
----------
I write:

require 'log4r'

What happens:
-------------
, but get this message:

in `require': no such file to load -- log4r (LoadError)

The setting:
------------
I am using 1.8.6 and the IntelligJ ruby plugin. Version 1.8.6 should
include log4r.
When I run gems list it is in the list.

* * *** * *** * *
* * * * * * * *
*** ** * *** * *
* * * * *
* * *** *** * * *

Please help.

If it is not a path issue, you might need to do this...

require 'rubygems'
require 'log4r'

Todd

Henrik Rasmussen

Thanks.

It turned out to be path issue.

Anyway, the way Ruby uses modules, require and includes is a bit
confusing to me.