Can't view a ruby file after installation

Veeraa Vel

Hello every body,

I'm new person to linux. I already installed PHP5 and MYSql on my
system. Now I installed Ruby on the same system. I dont know how to
start Ruby in my system . Cos when I create a file with the extension of
rb in my localhost directory (/var/www/html/XXX.rb). And run through my
browser but It show my ruby code only not the output.

I followed the same steps as viewing a PHP file, to view my ruby file
like

Starting apache.
viewing through localhost...etc.

Is there any other procedure to view my output of the ruby file

But when I try with shell prompt I got the output like.

Code:
[root@dhcppc0 ~]#env ruby

print "Hello\n";
^D
Hello
[root@dhcppc0 ~]#

And my ruby installation details;

Code:
[root@dhcppc0 ~]# rpm -qa | grep ruby
eruby-devel-1.0.5-6.1
ruby-sqlite3-1.1.0-6.fc6
ruby-devel-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-mode-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-rdoc-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-mysql-2.7.1-2.fc6
eruby-libs-1.0.5-6.1
eruby-1.0.5-6.1
ruby-irb-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
rubygems-0.9.1-1.fc6
ruby-fam-0.2.0-3.fc6
ruby-tcltk-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-libs-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-ri-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-docs-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
[root@dhcppc0 ~]#

Anything else to install....... Please help,

Thanks in advance.

Vlad GALU

[...]

AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.rhtml

Replace the .rb extension with .rhtml, or register the type as .rb in Apache.

Veeraa Vel

Vlad said:
AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.rhtml

Replace the .rb extension with .rhtml, or register the type as .rb in
Apache.

I added the above lines
AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.rhtml

and make alternate changes as .rhtml and .rb in my httpd.conf. But no
use . While try to view my ruby file. It just ask to download. What can
I do.