    ASCII I put the correct path to perl in the script and my host provider
    allows .pl and .cgi any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. By the
    way I am being hosted by hostsave.com if that helps any.
    Steven Vaden, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Steven Vaden wrote:
    > Has anyone used account manager by siteinteractive.com sucessfully
    > while being hosted on a UNIX server. I am having a really tough
    > time getting this script to run. I uploaded one of their files to
    > my cgi-bin folder and when I try to open it using IE I get an
    > Internal Server Error. I uploaded it as ASCII I put the correct
    > path to perl in the script and my host provider allows .pl and .cgi
    > any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am
    > being hosted by hostsave.com if that helps any.

    This is not actually a Perl problem.

    For some general guidance about using CGI scripts, see
    http://my.execpc.com/~keithp/bdlogcgi.htm

    You can also try to add this line at the beginning of the script
    (after the shebang line):

    use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Sep 3, 2004

  3. <SNIP>

    The most common problem I've seen when uploading cgis from a Winders
    machine to a UNIX type server is that the shebang line gets a ^M / CR /
    0x0D, call it what you like, character on the end and httpd spews about not
    being able to find an executable called "/path/to/perl^M". If you have
    shell access to your server you can check this in vim, or with cat -v or
    just dos2unix the file regardless.

    HTH
    Rich
    Richard Gration, Sep 3, 2004