cant view my .pl file with IE

Steven Vaden

Has anyone used account manager by siteinteractive.com sucessfully while
being hosted on a UNIX server. I am having a really tough time getting this
script to run. I uploaded one of their files to my cgi-bin folder and when I
try to open it using IE I get an Internal Server Error. I uploaded it as
ASCII I put the correct path to perl in the script and my host provider
allows .pl and .cgi any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. By the
way I am being hosted by hostsave.com if that helps any.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Steven said:
Has anyone used account manager by siteinteractive.com sucessfully
while being hosted on a UNIX server. I am having a really tough
time getting this script to run. I uploaded one of their files to
my cgi-bin folder and when I try to open it using IE I get an
Internal Server Error. I uploaded it as ASCII I put the correct
path to perl in the script and my host provider allows .pl and .cgi
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am
being hosted by hostsave.com if that helps any.

This is not actually a Perl problem.

For some general guidance about using CGI scripts, see
http://my.execpc.com/~keithp/bdlogcgi.htm

You can also try to add this line at the beginning of the script
(after the shebang line):

use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';

Richard Gration

<SNIP>

The most common problem I've seen when uploading cgis from a Winders
machine to a UNIX type server is that the shebang line gets a ^M / CR /
0x0D, call it what you like, character on the end and httpd spews about not
being able to find an executable called "/path/to/perl^M". If you have
shell access to your server you can check this in vim, or with cat -v or
just dos2unix the file regardless.

HTH
Rich