Can't View Source code?

David H

I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
looking at the source code on people's web pages.

Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Thanks!

David

PS: Windows XP, IE6

PeterMcC

David said:
I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
looking at the source code on people's web pages.

Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Clearing the cache and the history files usually fixes it.
In IE that's:
Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files for the cache
and
Tools>Internet Options>History>Clear History for the history.

Matthias Gutfeldt

David said:
I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
looking at the source code on people's web pages.

Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Any ideas on what is going wrong?
PS: Windows XP, IE6

From what I found on google, this is due to cache issues. Check e.g.
<http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum10/3362.htm>

Matthias

Steve Pugh

David H said:
I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
looking at the source code on people's web pages.

Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

PS: Windows XP, IE6

Empty your cache. When Windows IE fills the cache things like this
start to happen.

Steve

rf

David H said:
I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
looking at the source code on people's web pages.

Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Empty your cache. View source needs some spare cache space.

Cheers
Richard.

Sid Ismail

:
: I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
: looking at the source code on people's web pages.
:
: Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:

Sid

Sid Ismail

: Sid Ismail wrote:
: > On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:32:34 -0500, "David H" <[email protected]>
: > wrote:
: >
: >>
: >> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
: >> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
: >>
: >> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
: >
: >
: > Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:
:
: David, just in case you're unsure - Sid's joking.

Forgot to add the :) at the end, yes. :))

Sid

Matthias Gutfeldt

David said:
A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is full.

Matthias

David Dorward

David said:
Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
PS: Windows XP, IE6

A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Matthias Gutfeldt:
That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is
full.

But his ashtray *is* full. <g>

Besides, the view source of Moz or Firebird is sooo much more pleasant
than the dreck that Notepad produces in IE for most sites.

PeterL

<snip>

Have to admit I am suprised at the number of posts in this thread since the
original question was answered immediately and it isn't as if it hasn't been
covered before!!!

PeterL

Petes Page
http://leach01.co.uk

Jordanstown Schools website
http://jord.org.uk

Whitecrest

A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

That is a solution, but not necessarily a better one.

Andy Dingley

That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is full.

Or maybe because the ashtray is made of powdered magnesium and prone
to catching fire.

Try Firebird - it's worth the look

Andrew Davidson

Matthias Gutfeldt said:
That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is full.

No. It makes as much sense as buying a new car because the old one stops working
everytime the ash tray is full.