    Thanks!

    David

    PS: Windows XP, IE6

    David H, Nov 7, 2003

  2. David H

    PeterMcC Guest

    David H wrote:
    > I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
    > looking at the source code on people's web pages.
    >
    > Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
    >
    > Any ideas on what is going wrong?

    Clearing the cache and the history files usually fixes it.
    In IE that's:
    Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files for the cache
    and
    Tools>Internet Options>History>Clear History for the history.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Nov 7, 2003

  3. David H wrote:
    > I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
    > looking at the source code on people's web pages.
    >
    > Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
    >
    > Any ideas on what is going wrong?
    > PS: Windows XP, IE6

    From what I found on google, this is due to cache issues. Check e.g.
    <http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum10/3362.htm>

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Nov 7, 2003
  4. David H

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "David H" <> wrote:

    >I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
    >looking at the source code on people's web pages.
    >
    >Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
    >
    >Any ideas on what is going wrong?
    >

    >PS: Windows XP, IE6

    Empty your cache. When Windows IE fills the cache things like this
    start to happen.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Nov 7, 2003
  5. David H

    rf Guest

    "David H" <> wrote in message

    > I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
    > looking at the source code on people's web pages.
    >
    > Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
    >
    > Any ideas on what is going wrong?

    Empty your cache. View source needs some spare cache space.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 7, 2003
  6. David H

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:32:34 -0500, "David H" <> wrote:

    :
    : I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
    : looking at the source code on people's web pages.
    :
    : Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

    Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Nov 7, 2003
  7. David H

    PeterMcC Guest

    Sid Ismail wrote:
    > On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:32:34 -0500, "David H" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
    >> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
    >>
    >> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

    > Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:

    David, just in case you're unsure - Sid's joking.

    PeterMcC, Nov 7, 2003
  8. David H

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:05:06 -0000, "PeterMcC" <> wrote:

    : Sid Ismail wrote:
    : > On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:32:34 -0500, "David H" <>
    : > wrote:
    : >
    : >>
    : >> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
    : >> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
    : >>
    : >> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
    : >
    : >
    : > Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:
    :
    : David, just in case you're unsure - Sid's joking.

    Forgot to add the :) at the end, yes. :))

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Nov 7, 2003
  9. David H

    PeterMcC Guest

    Sid Ismail wrote:
    > On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:05:06 -0000, "PeterMcC" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Sid Ismail wrote:

    >>> Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:

    >> David, just in case you're unsure - Sid's joking.

    > Forgot to add the :) at the end, yes. :))

    Just thought you were going for super-subtle.
    :)

    PeterMcC, Nov 7, 2003
  10. David Dorward wrote:
    > David H wrote:
    >
    >>Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

    >>PS: Windows XP, IE6

    > A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
    > work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
    > and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
    > pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

    That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is full.

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Nov 7, 2003

    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

    David Dorward, Nov 7, 2003
  12. Quoth the raven named Matthias Gutfeldt:

    > David Dorward wrote:
    >
    >> David H wrote:
    >>
    >>> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

    >>> PS: Windows XP, IE6

    >> A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and
    >> that will work. A better solution might be to switch to a
    >> different browser. Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird are excellent
    >> (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is pretty good, but sadly
    >> Safari is not available for Windows.

    > That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is
    > full.

    But his ashtray *is* full. <g>

    Besides, the view source of Moz or Firebird is sooo much more pleasant
    than the dreck that Notepad produces in IE for most sites.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 7, 2003
  13. David H

    PeterL Guest

    <snip>

    Have to admit I am suprised at the number of posts in this thread since the
    original question was answered immediately and it isn't as if it hasn't been
    covered before!!!

    PeterL

    Petes Page
    http://leach01.co.uk

    Jordanstown Schools website
    http://jord.org.uk

    PeterL, Nov 7, 2003
  14. David H

    Karim Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:57:02 +0000, David Dorward wrote:

    > David H wrote:
    >> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

    >> PS: Windows XP, IE6

    > A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
    > work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
    > and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
    > pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

    One can also use an online source viewer like the one at
    http://www.samspade.org

    --
    Karim
    http://www.cheapesthosting.com/webmastertoolbox - Free Resources for

    Karim, Nov 7, 2003
  15. David H

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <bogbh3$ejs$2$>,
    says...
    > A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
    > work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
    > and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
    > pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

    That is a solution, but not necessarily a better one.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Nov 7, 2003
  16. David H

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:54:00 +0100, Matthias Gutfeldt
    <> wrote:

    >> A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
    >> work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser.

    >That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is full.

    Or maybe because the ashtray is made of powdered magnesium and prone
    to catching fire.

    Try Firebird - it's worth the look

    Andy Dingley, Nov 7, 2003
  17. David H

    SeeSchloss Guest

    > Try Firebird - it's worth the look

    I second that

    SeeSchloss, Nov 7, 2003
  18. "Matthias Gutfeldt" <> wrote in message
    > David Dorward wrote:
    > > David H wrote:
    > >>Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
    > >>PS: Windows XP, IE6

    > > A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
    > > work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
    > > and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
    > > pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

    > That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is full.

    No. It makes as much sense as buying a new car because the old one stops working
    everytime the ash tray is full.

    --
    Andrew Davidson

    Andrew Davidson, Nov 7, 2003
  19. SeeSchloss wrote:

    >> Try Firebird - it's worth the look

    > I second that

    I third that.

    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 7, 2003
  20. Whitecrest wrote:

    > In article <bogbh3$ejs$2$>,
    > says...
    >> A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
    >> work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser.
    >> Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>),
    >> Opera is pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

    > That is a solution, but not necessarily a better one.

    Yes, that is what "might" means.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

    David Dorward, Nov 7, 2003