Can't View Source code?

David Dorward

No. It makes as much sense as buying a new car because the old one stops
working everytime the ash tray is full.

No, it makes as much sense as getting a free new car because the old one
stops working everytime the ash tray is full.

Andrew Davidson

David Dorward said:
No, it makes as much sense as getting a free new car because the old one
stops working everytime the ash tray is full.

LOL. You got it!!

David H

PeterMcC said:
Clearing the cache and the history files usually fixes it.
In IE that's:
Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files for the cache
and
Tools>Internet Options>History>Clear History for the history.

Thanks, that worked perfectly! Now back to wondering how on earth I'm going
to write stuff thats similar to the pages I'm seeing...

William Tasso

PeterL said:
Have to admit I am suprised at the number of posts in this thread
since the original question was answered immediately and it isn't as
if it hasn't been covered before!!!

Welcome to this wonderful corner of usenet - alt.html, where every subject
has the opportunity to be disected and examined from every conceivable
p.o.v.

now, if you will excuse me I have to go buy a new car - the ash tray is
alarmingly close to full in mine

Toodle-pip

Whitecrest

Firebird may be a great browser, but I tend to agree with Russle Jones
from DevX:

------------
Finally, Mozilla must be able to run everything that IE runs—including
ActiveX controls, non-standard script, and HTML. Web purists will argue
that ActiveX controls are insecure, and they are. They'll argue that the
only script Mozilla Firebird doesn't run is non-standard; it is. They'll
argue that the HTML rendering used by Mozilla is better than IE's
because it adheres more closely to the standards agreed to by the W3C;
that's true, too.

However, the fact is that any browser that pretends to have a prayer of
competing with IE must compete with it all the time. Challengers don't
get to set the rules of engagement. Browser users won't tolerate a
browser that runs only some of the Web pages they want to see. More
importantly, many Web developers won't target a new browser that won't
run their existing code.

Matthias Gutfeldt

Andy said:
Or maybe because the ashtray is made of powdered magnesium and prone
to catching fire.

Try Firebird - it's worth the look

I have Firebird and half a dozen other browsers. But that doesn't solve
the cache problem in IE.

Matthias

Richard Clark

Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
Clearing the cache and the history files usually fixes it.

The history files have nothing to do with the lack of cache space.

Assuming that the "view source" problems are due to lack of cache space -
instead of clearing the cache, you might want to increase the size of the
reserved space. Instead of clicking on "delete files", click "settings" and
increase the "Amount of disk space to use". You might want to check the "free
space" on your drive first. Mine is set for only 5%, (102.3MB of a 2Gig drive
partition) and I've never had problems. (To see "free space", open "My
Computer" from your desktop, right-click the drive icon, and choose
pRoperties.)

The right-click "What's this?" help on the "disk space" area of the "settings"
dialog says:

"Specifies the percentage of disk space to use for the Temporary Internet Files
folder.
"When you view a new page on the Web, Internet Explorer _temporarily_ stores it
(and some of its contents, such as graphics files) on your hard disk. This
increases the speed at which previously viewed pages are displayed.
"The more disk space you allot to the folder, the more pages Internet Explorer
can store on your hard disk. If you are low on disk space, you might want to
set this option to a lower percentage."

(Temporarily? Yeah, it's not like it automatically deletes it for you. :)

Special Thanksgiving Day Message
http://members.aol.com/RichClark7/thanks3a.htm

Pilgrims and the Mayflower Compact
http://members.aol.com/RichClark7/pilgrims.htm