Can't view source on any page now.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept said:
Is there a setting that prevents viewing of source on web pages
globally? I can't do it via right click or view menu either. I was
able to a couple of days ago, and I haven't installed anything since
then.

I'm guessing you're using IE. If so, empty the cache and it should work
again. It's a bug. (Who'd have thought it? MS software with an unfixed known
bug?)

Hope that help,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!

jmev7

Is there a setting that prevents viewing of source on web pages
globally? I can't do it via right click or view menu either. I was
able to a couple of days ago, and I haven't installed anything since
then.

Thanks

William Tasso

jmev7 said:
Is there a setting that prevents viewing of source on web pages
globally? I can't do it via right click or view menu either. I was
able to a couple of days ago, and I haven't installed anything since
then.

using IE5/5.5/6 ? clear your cache.

Tools -> [internet] options

Whitecrest

jmev7 said:
Is there a setting that prevents viewing of source on web pages
globally....

Yes, it is a special tag that only a handful of us know. It is one of
several undocumented tags that (in IE only) allows us to completely
control not only your browser, but also Note pad.

Bruce Wallace

Whitecrest said:
Yes, it is a special tag that only a handful of us know. It is one of
several undocumented tags that (in IE only) allows us to completely
control not only your browser, but also Note pad.

duuuuh really

jmev7

Thanks! That did it. I didn't realize that anything in the cache could
mess up your IE settings.

Daniel Ruscoe

jmev7 said:
Thanks! That did it. I didn't realize that anything in the cache could
mess up your IE settings.

It's not what's in the cache, it's just IE that messes things up.