    Is that possible?

    PS, i'm thinking of logging the download anyway this way, i also tested a
    httpmodule, works similar of course.

    Edwin Knoppert, Jun 23, 2006

  2. Edwin Knoppert

    Winista Guest

    See if this helps..

    http://www.netomatix.com/development/SecureDownload.aspx

    Winista, Jun 23, 2006

  3. It requires to set the header stuff, something i would like to try to avoid
    :)

    Like:
    ctx.Response.ContentType = "application/zip";

    Edwin Knoppert, Jun 23, 2006
  4. Iow, i want to fool iis to stream the file from a different location on the
    drive as was requested in the URL.
    And thus no need for modifying any header per se.

    Edwin Knoppert, Jun 23, 2006
  5. you need to write an iis filter. until the next release of IIS, these must
    be written in C/C++, but are pretty simple to write. url rewriting is a
    pretty common sample.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jun 23, 2006