Capture actual fileupload

Edwin Knoppert

I want to use an ordinary HREF situation to a fake filename on our server.
To let IIS and client handle the filetype like zip by itself i don't need a
generic handler.

But to prevent unautorized access i would *still* like to stream the file
from a *different* location.

I'm aware of protected folders (using formsauthentication) and such.

At this time i was messing with global.asax but i can only rewrite the path.
That's not the entire idea, i also would like to stream the file from a
different location WITHOUT 'manually' providing headers for that specific
filetype.

Is that possible?

PS, i'm thinking of logging the download anyway this way, i also tested a
httpmodule, works similar of course.

Edwin Knoppert

It requires to set the header stuff, something i would like to try to avoid
:)

Like:
ctx.Response.ContentType = "application/zip";

Edwin Knoppert

Iow, i want to fool iis to stream the file from a different location on the
drive as was requested in the URL.
And thus no need for modifying any header per se.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

you need to write an iis filter. until the next release of IIS, these must
be written in C/C++, but are pretty simple to write. url rewriting is a
pretty common sample.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)