Capture Handle using authentication

sck10

Hello,

I want to allow all users on our company intranet (domain\handle) to enter
our website. However, I would like to capture the handle of the person
entering my website. I was told that if I turn on Enable Anonymous Access
and Integrated Windows Authentication, that all users will pass through, and
there is a way to capture their handle. Is this possible?

Right now I have Integrated Windows Authentication turned on and using the
following to capture the handle:

strSubmitterHandle = Mid(User.Identity.Name, InStrRev(User.Identity.Name,
"\") + 1)

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

if you turn on anonymous, then the users id is not passed to the webserver.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Thanks Bruce for your input.

Hi sck10,

Based on my understanding, your question is: it possible to capture the
user identity while both Anonymous Access and Integrated Windows
Authentication are enabled? If I've misunderstood anything, please feel
free to post here.

When Anonymous Access is enabled in IIS, IIS will authenticate using a
pre-determined account and the request will use the default ASP.Net
account. Once this is set, no authentication will be made against the user
regardless of any other selected authentication modes.

If we want authenticated request to obtain the user's actual identity, we
need to deselect the Allow Anonymous with IIS.

Regards,
Walter Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

You're welcome. Please feel free to post here if anything is unclear.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support