    "\") + 1)

    Thanks in advance,

    sck10
    sck10, Jun 16, 2006

  2. if you turn on anonymous, then the users id is not passed to the webserver.

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jun 16, 2006

  3. Thanks Bruce for your input.

    Hi sck10,

    Based on my understanding, your question is: it possible to capture the
    user identity while both Anonymous Access and Integrated Windows
    Authentication are enabled? If I've misunderstood anything, please feel
    free to post here.

    When Anonymous Access is enabled in IIS, IIS will authenticate using a
    pre-determined account and the request will use the default ASP.Net
    account. Once this is set, no authentication will be made against the user
    regardless of any other selected authentication modes.

    If we want authenticated request to obtain the user's actual identity, we
    need to deselect the Allow Anonymous with IIS.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jun 21, 2006
  4. sck10

    sck10 Guest

    Thanks Walter, appreciate the help...

    sck10, Jun 23, 2006
  5. You're welcome. Please feel free to post here if anything is unclear.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jun 24, 2006