    be good to know if the user clicked Cancel instead of Save.

    We're standardized on XP Pro, IE6+.

    Thanks.

    skyetech, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Never found such a capability.

    The only way I know of is to use a download Java Applet or evil
    Active-x control.

    Although, if it is possible, I would love to know how for my own
    document management framework.

    JsD

    Java script Dude, Sep 23, 2005

  3. skyetech

    skyetech Guest

    Thanks for the reply. We definitely want to stay away from Active-x.
    I'll look into the Java possibility.

    skyetech, Sep 23, 2005
  4. skyetech

    Joakim Braun Guest

    "skyetech" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > We're creating a file sharing area in our intranet. When a user clicks
    > on a link they can save the file to their computer. When the file is
    > done downloading and the 'File Download' dialog closes I want to update
    > the database to flag that file as checked out. Because we don't want
    > anyone else to download it until the file has been re-uploaded.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can know when the dialog closes? It would also
    > be good to know if the user clicked Cancel instead of Save.
    >
    > We're standardized on XP Pro, IE6+.

    You can't plug into the download process using standard javascript, I
    believe. Perhaps the users should explicitly check out/check in files? Once
    checked out, the download is initiated and the file should only be
    downloadable by the user that checked it out - the database keeps track of
    that. (the user can still cancel a download, but I don't think you can get
    around that problem.) ...There could also be a "download copy" feature if
    other users want to read-only-access a checked-out file. And an area that
    lists each user's checked out files for easy re-retrieval/checkin?

    --
    Joakim Braun

    Joakim Braun, Sep 24, 2005