    used visual studio to automatically generate the SOAP request but I am trying
    to figure out a way to trap the soap envelope before it is sent.

    Is there a program, technique, or sniffer that I can use to accomplish this?
    PokerJoker, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Hello PokerJoker,
    You should be able to use the trace utility in the Microsoft Soap Toolkit,
    if you just want to see the messages sent by the client

    HTH
    Regards,
    Dilip Krishnan
    MCAD, MCSD.net
    dkrishnan at geniant dot com
    http://www.geniant.com

    Dilip Krishnan, Dec 29, 2004

  3. PokerJoker

    PokerJoker Guest

    Thanks Chris, but I dont need it in code at all.

    The webservice at our vendor is returning errors, which in my opinion are
    entirely unrelated to the envelope. They have asked me to trap the request
    and email it to them to assist with debugging.

    PokerJoker, Dec 29, 2004
  4. PokerJoker

    Mujtaba Syed Guest

    Try Simon Fells' tcpTrace utility:

    http://www.pocketsoap.com/tcptrace/

    Mujtaba.

    Mujtaba Syed, Dec 29, 2004
  5. PokerJoker

    PokerJoker Guest

    Thanks again to everybody who is assisting...

    The trace utility as far as i can tell is designed to reside on the "host"
    of the webservice...

    Is there a way to configure the utility to grab the request "before it
    leaves"?

    PokerJoker, Dec 29, 2004
  6. PokerJoker

    PokerJoker Guest

    Nevermind... I changed the wsdl to send the request to localhost... then i
    forwarded it using the trace utility to its final destination (our vendor).

    Great little utility, thanks for the help guys!

    PokerJoker, Dec 29, 2004