    Thanks in advance,
    Shahid
    (remove NOSPAM from the email address when replying to my email address)

    Shahid Juma, May 19, 2004

  2. Shahid Juma

    Mitja Guest

    Shahid Juma <>
    (news:) wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am not sure if this is the right forum to post but I was wondering
    > if anybody has done something like this. I have a website which has a
    > form and the form results gets submitted to a third party site which
    > displays information based on the entry. Is it possible to do it so
    > the form results gets submitted to the third party site but in a way
    > capture the results and show them on my website in the format that I
    > want?

    It can highly probably be done with server-side scripting: your script
    visits the other guy's page, extracts the info, reformats it and outputs it.
    Copyright considerations left aside, it can also be quite slow. Is linking
    to the third-party side really not OK in your case?

    Mitja, May 19, 2004

  3. Shahid Juma

    Shahid Juma Guest

    > It can highly probably be done with server-side scripting: your script
    > visits the other guy's page, extracts the info, reformats it and outputs

    it.
    > Copyright considerations left aside, it can also be quite slow. Is linking
    > to the third-party side really not OK in your case?

    Would you know of anything like this done in ASP then? Linking is working
    but the whole site is just links, so want to make it seem like you are still
    on my site. As for copyright, they have allowed it.....

    Thanks,

    Shahid Juma, May 19, 2004
  4. Shahid Juma

    Mitja Guest

    Shahid Juma <>
    (news:) wrote:
    >> It can highly probably be done with server-side scripting: your
    >> script visits the other guy's page, extracts the info, reformats it
    >> and outputs it. Copyright considerations left aside, it can also be
    >> quite slow. Is linking to the third-party side really not OK in your
    >> case?

    > Would you know of anything like this done in ASP then? Linking is
    > working but the whole site is just links, so want to make it seem
    > like you are still on my site. As for copyright, they have allowed
    > it.....

    Don't know anything about ASP, but this seems useful to me:
    http://www.brettb.com/HTTPWithPerlScriptAndASP.asp

    If you'll do any more searching HTTP is the keyword here, because your
    script has to use this protocol in order to "visit" the desired pages.

    Mitja, May 19, 2004