Capturing Events before CreateChildControls in Composite Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lucas Tam, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Hi all,

    I think this question has been asked a bunch of times, but I couldn't find
    a good answer on google groups.

    What is the best way to capture events before CreateChildControls is fired?

    For example, I have a nav bar with the following buttons:

    << 1 2 3 4 >>

    I want to be able to capture the onClick Event before the navbar is
    generated with CreateChildControls.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 17, 2003

  2. "Lucas Tam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >

    > I think this question has been asked a bunch of times, but I couldn't find
    > a good answer on google groups.
    >
    > What is the best way to capture events before CreateChildControls is

    fired?

    > For example, I have a nav bar with the following buttons:
    >
    > << 1 2 3 4 >>
    >
    > I want to be able to capture the onClick Event before the navbar is
    > generated with CreateChildControls.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Lucas,

    First of all, you will probably get better answers to this question in the
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols newsgroup.

    Now, I'm guessing that you have a composite "Navbar" control, and that it
    contains child controls which are the buttons on the nav bar. I'd say that
    if you are in control of the buttons, you should set them to post back to
    Navbar.UniqueID, passing an argument which identifies the button. That way,
    the click event is effectively your Navbars click event, and not that of the
    individual buttons.
    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer