    under very specific circumstances, and pop-up a window. I need more
    granularity than the unload and onclose events will give me.

    Any help at all is greatly appreciated :)

    bb, Aug 14, 2003

  2. bb

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 14 Aug 2003 12:09:14 -0700, (bb) wrote:

    >I need to capture the following events in IE 5+ and Netscape 6:
    >
    >- Enter new address in URL window and click "GO"
    >- Select a favorite
    >- Click "Home" button
    >- Click "Back" or "Forward" button
    >
    >Basically, I have to see if someone is navigating away from our page
    >under very specific circumstances, and pop-up a window. I need more
    >granularity than the unload and onclose events will give me.
    >
    >Any help at all is greatly appreciated :)

    In a normal environment all of the above is impossible.

    Why the requirement of "IE5+ and Netscape 6" ? that's an odd one, I
    can understand IE only, and I can understand works anywhere possible,
    but don't understand chopping off Safari, Opera and Konquerer.

    Jim.

    Jim Ley, Aug 14, 2003

  3. bb

    DU Guest

    bb wrote:

    > I need to capture the following events in IE 5+ and Netscape 6:
    >
    > - Enter new address in URL window and click "GO"
    > - Select a favorite
    > - Click "Home" button
    > - Click "Back" or "Forward" button
    >
    > Basically, I have to see if someone is navigating away from our page
    > under very specific circumstances, and pop-up a window. I need more
    > granularity than the unload and onclose events will give me.
    >
    > Any help at all is greatly appreciated :)

    From an user perspective, your requests, your wishes are absolutely
    over-excessive, over-controlling, intrusive, invasive and unjustifiable.
    Wherever an user decides to go should be entirely up to him and none
    of the web developers' business, none of his concern.

    DU
    --
    Javascript and Browser bugs:

    DU, Aug 14, 2003
  4. bb

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...

    > In a normal environment all of the above is impossible.

    Is it even possible at all in NN? I would think one would have to write
    a COM add in for non-IE browser button press captures...

    ~kaeli~
    Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
    If that cell phone was up your a$$, maybe you could
    drive a little better!
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Aug 14, 2003