Capturing events outside document body

bb

I need to capture the following events in IE 5+ and Netscape 6:

- Enter new address in URL window and click "GO"
- Select a favorite
- Click "Home" button
- Click "Back" or "Forward" button

Basically, I have to see if someone is navigating away from our page
under very specific circumstances, and pop-up a window. I need more
granularity than the unload and onclose events will give me.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated :)

Jim Ley

I need to capture the following events in IE 5+ and Netscape 6:

- Enter new address in URL window and click "GO"
- Select a favorite
- Click "Home" button
- Click "Back" or "Forward" button

Basically, I have to see if someone is navigating away from our page
under very specific circumstances, and pop-up a window. I need more
granularity than the unload and onclose events will give me.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated :)

In a normal environment all of the above is impossible.

Why the requirement of "IE5+ and Netscape 6" ? that's an odd one, I
can understand IE only, and I can understand works anywhere possible,
but don't understand chopping off Safari, Opera and Konquerer.

Jim.

DU

bb said:
I need to capture the following events in IE 5+ and Netscape 6:

- Enter new address in URL window and click "GO"
- Select a favorite
- Click "Home" button
- Click "Back" or "Forward" button

Basically, I have to see if someone is navigating away from our page
under very specific circumstances, and pop-up a window. I need more
granularity than the unload and onclose events will give me.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated :)

From an user perspective, your requests, your wishes are absolutely
over-excessive, over-controlling, intrusive, invasive and unjustifiable.
Wherever an user decides to go should be entirely up to him and none
of the web developers' business, none of his concern.

DU
--
Javascript and Browser bugs:

kaeli

In a normal environment all of the above is impossible.

Is it even possible at all in NN? I would think one would have to write
a COM add in for non-IE browser button press captures...

~kaeli~
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
If that cell phone was up your a$$, maybe you could
drive a little better!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace