    is in C#/ASP.NET.

    TIA.
    Andrew.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Andrew,

    You need to pass the message box return value to the server side in the
    value property of a hidden input control:

    <input type=hidden id=inhTimeUp runat=server>

    Eliyahu

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a messagebox that pops up due to an event. I did it in javascript.
    > ie. alert("Time's up. Assessment Ended");
    >
    > I want to capture the OK and Cancel events of this alert messagebox. My

    code

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Here's some server side code that uses javascript to display a confirmation
    message.

    myDeleteButton.Attributes.Add("onclick", _
    "return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete?');")

    In this example, the Delete button will post back only if the person
    confirms they want to delete. Otherwise the server code is never called in
    response to the button click.

    Here's more info:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ClientSideSuite.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Sep 6, 2005
  4. I seem to have a problem capturing the id="inhTimeUp" of the hidden input
    control.

    As I understand it, I put the code:
    <input type=hidden id=inhTimeUp runat=server>
    onto the parent file's html page, then I want to access this "inhTimeUp"
    from the iFrame (child) page, is that possible ? coz the parent aspx page
    just displays the top part of my page, while the child displays the bottom
    and majority of the code in C#.

    Am I making sense ?
    TIA.
    Andrew.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Andrew,

    What's the reason for putting the control on the parent form? Which form
    produces the messagebox and which form is interested in the value clicked?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 7, 2005
  6. I am writing an online assessment. The duration of the test 90 minutes.

    Originally I had put everything on one page, but I discovered that whenever
    the user clicks on NEXT question, the countdown re-starts. Obviously I don't
    want that to happen.

    I had to put the countdown (in javascript) textfield on the parent page, and
    the question is displayed in the child page (iframe). The child form wants to
    capture when the user clicks on the OK button of the:
    alert("Time's up. Assessment Ended");

    I hope this explains what I am trying to do. Is my design correct ?
    TIA
    Andrew.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Sep 7, 2005
  7. This is fine, but why can't you put the control in the child form? Anyway,
    whatever your reason is, you can always access the control in the parent
    page as

    parent.document.getElementById("inhTimeUp");

    and submit the parent form as

    parent.myForm.submit();

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 7, 2005
  8. sorry, I do not really understand what you are saying. It's probably because
    my javascript isn't great. Let me explain further.

    I have IStartAss.aspx (parent) and StartAss.aspx (child iframe) to be
    displayed.
    On the parent page, there is the javascript code, and the hidden input text.

    PARENT: The javascript looks like this (not sure if I am right):

    <input type="hidden" id="inhTimeUp" runat="server" NAME="inhTimeUp">

    <iframe id="Child_StartAss" src="StartAss.aspx" frameBorder="0"
    runat="server"></iframe>

    <SCRIPT language="Javascript">
    alert("Time's up. Assessment Ended")
    parent.document.getElementById("inhTimeUp") = true;
    document.Form_IStartAss.submit();
    </SCRIPT>

    CHILD: There is some C# code.
    I want to capture the event when the user clicks on the OK button and
    proceed on.
    How do I do this capturing ?

    The reason why I am fussing about this capture is because later on I will
    probably need to know how to do this in another part of the application
    anyway.

    TIA.
    Andrew.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Sep 7, 2005
  9. Ok, I hope now I understand it better.

    Your javascript is in the parent. the parent takes care of counting down the
    assessment time. When the time is up, the parent want to notify the form in
    the iframe. Is that correct?

    If that is, the parent itself is not interested in the inhTimeUp value, it
    just needs to pass this value to the form in the iframe and get that form to
    sibmit with passing the value to the server-side c# code.

    To make it happen, you need to move the inhTimeUp to the child, since the
    the value should go to the child form server-side code. The message box is
    produced on the parent and the parent will pass the value to the child as

    document.getElementById("Child_StartAss").contentWindow.document.getElementB
    yId("inhTimeUp").value=true;

    and submit the child as

    document.getElementById("Child_StartAss").contentWindow.myChildForm.submit()
    ;

    where myChildForm is the id of the form in the iframe.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 7, 2005
  10. Hi,

    I need to clarify some stuff.

    1) What does "Child_StartAss" signify ?
    2) Also what code should i put in the child c# page to capture the
    value=true send by the parent page ? Do i need to
    "ClientScriptBlockRegistered" it ?

    TIA.
    Andrew

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Sep 7, 2005
  11. See inline.

    Eliyahu

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to clarify some stuff.
    >
    > 1) What does "Child_StartAss" signify ?

    That is the frame id from your code:
    <iframe id="Child_StartAss" src="StartAss.aspx" frameBorder="0"
    runat="server"></iframe>

    > 2) Also what code should i put in the child c# page to capture the
    > value=true send by the parent page ? Do i need to
    > "ClientScriptBlockRegistered" it ?

    No. When you add a line
    <input type="hidden" id="inhTimeUp" runat="server"> (note than you can
    safely remove the NAME attribute inserted by the VS)
    the VS designer will place a line
    protected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden inhTimeUp;

    inside you .cs file. In the .cs file you can just check

    if (inhTimeUp.Value == "true")

    Note, that you have to switch to VS design view from the HTML view for the
    line to appear in the .cs file.

    ?

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 7, 2005