capturing popup-menu item generated by right click!

amit

Hello Group,

How can I capture which option of a popup menu is chosen when user
does a right click on a link?

You have see so many links which lead to a download or ... like: <A>
Download here </A> Now if user chooses "Save Target As ..." he can
download the file. I need to find out which option off the list is
chosen?

Thanks,
Amit.

Randy Webb

amit said the following on 7/17/2006 6:05 PM:
Hello Group,

How can I capture which option of a popup menu is chosen when user
does a right click on a link?

You can't.
You have see so many links which lead to a download or ... like: <A>
Download here </A> Now if user chooses "Save Target As ..." he can
download the file. I need to find out which option off the list is
chosen?

Ask the user, otherwise you have no way of knowing.

amit

--
Randy
Temporarily at: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/hikksnotathome/cljfaq/

This type of things are possible in application programming, that's why
I thought it would be possible in web development too. However, if
still there is somebody know think there is a possibililty please let
me know it.

thanks again.
amit

Randy Webb

amit said the following on 7/18/2006 6:47 PM:
This type of things are possible in application programming, that's why
I thought it would be possible in web development too.

Whether it is fortunate or not is a matter of opinion.
However, if still there is somebody know think there is a
possibililty please let me know it.

If anybody tells you they can, then call them a liar.
Using a custom context menu, sure. Write your own menu to mimic the
browsers and then you can know, otherwise, you can't.