    Regards,
    Ashutosh Bhardwaj
    , Jun 3, 2005

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    John Blessing wrote on 03 jun 2005 in

    >> --> Is there a way to capture refresh button of IE or netscape.

    > Not with server-side script.

    Start all(!) pages with:

    <%
    thispage = request.servervariables("PATH_INFO")
    if session("thispage")=thispage then response.redirect "/notTwice.asp"
    session("thispage")=thispage
    %>

    Not tested, will this work?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 3, 2005

  3. some of the systems out there can do it and pretty well
    check aspin

    http://www.aspin.com/home/webapps/usermanage

    its not an easy thing to accomplish

    Kyle Peterson, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Evertjan. Guest

    Kyle Peterson wrote on 03 jun 2005 in
    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >> John Blessing wrote on 03 jun 2005 in

    >>> Not with server-side script.
    >>>

    >> Start all(!) pages with:
    >>
    >> <%
    >> thispage = request.servervariables("PATH_INFO")
    >> if session("thispage")=thispage then response.redirect "/notTwice.asp"
    >> session("thispage")=thispage
    >> %>
    >>
    >> Not tested, will this work?

    [Please do not toppost on usenet, Kyle]

    > some of the systems out there can do it and pretty well
    > check aspin

    What do you mean by "some of the systems"?
    We are talking ASP on this NG.

    > http://www.aspin.com/home/webapps/usermanage
    >
    > its not an easy thing to accomplish

    So you imply that my easy solution does not work?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 3, 2005

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I amdeveloping a web site in ASP and it is a secure site. I would like
    > someone to help me on this:
    >
    > -->i dont want 2 users to accesss my site with the same username
    > parallely.

    Here's what I do:

    Create a table with a user_id, session_id as the columns. When a user
    logs in, store the user_id and session ID in the table, overwriting any
    row that already has the same user_id in there.

    Then on each subsequent page (I have the code in the shared toolbar.asp
    page), check to see if the current session_id = the session_id in the
    table. If it does not, someone else has logged in with the user ID and
    the current session is now invalid. forward them to some error or
    warning page.

    The effect of this is that whatever session has logged in last, wins.
    the other session is kicked out. This way, you don't need to know if
    someone logged out or not.

    > --> Is there a way to capture refresh button of IE or netscape.

    What do you mean by "capture"?
    , Jun 3, 2005