Capturing webcam inages: java.securty.AccessControllerException

Michiel Bakker

Hi guys,

I'm trying to capture images from a webcam in an ejb with a jsp as the
client. I'm using j2eesdk1.3.1 from Sun. When I call my image capture
function on the jsp I get the following error:

(java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThreadGroup)
java.io.IOException: Capture device in use

The device is not in use, I checked that. It seems that it has something to
do with securty restrictions. I'm not familiar with java.security and I' not
very experienced with ejb's. I was wondering if someone knows if this is a
security problem in the ejb. I tried the same code in a servlet and in the
servlet it works fine.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Michiel.

Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Capturing Webcam Image on JSP or Servlet page

Hi Michiel,

I am developing an application in which there is one need , I want to capture still image from a webcam (web cam is attached at browser machine) with JSP or Servlet client. Ca you please send me the code in this regards.

Please send me the above code so that I can use for my requirement.
Early reply is appriciable.

If anyone has this kind of code please send me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Kishor Patil.