Carriage returns/formatting not displayed in output.asp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Doc Wally, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. Doc Wally

    Doc Wally Guest

    Dear Colleagues:

    To begin with I am not a programmer. In fact, I just got all excited
    because I was able to create my very first .vbs script that actually
    worked - not that I actually coded it, I took bits and pieces from here and
    there and boom, it worked.

    As lame as it is, I have used Front Page 2002 and its form/database creation
    tools to create an input.asp page, a input.msd access database file as well
    as an output.asp page going the DNS-Less route. As you guessed it, people
    stick information into the input.asp document and then it spits out to the
    output.asp file with the data stored in the actual fpdb directory which
    holds simple Access databases.

    Here is my dilemma.

    When people either cut/paste things into the MEMO field of their input form
    formatting, carriage returns, etc, are not carried over to the output.

    Essentially

    They

    Want their

    Information

    To sort of come out

    Looking like this

    (Ideally with all of the boldface, underlines, etc. that they are oh so
    attached to after using MS Word)

    No matter how you enter it into the input form the information comes out in
    one long, continuous stream.

    I have attached herewith the input, output and actual database files and if
    there is anybody out there who could give me some advise it would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Regards,

    Doc Wally
    Doc Wally, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Doc Wally

    Ray at Guest

    "Doc Wally" <> wrote in message

    > Here is my dilemma.
    >

    > When people either cut/paste things into the MEMO field of their input

    form
    > formatting, carriage returns, etc, are not carried over to the output.

    Replace vbCrLf with <BR> when outputting the data in a web page.

    Ray at work
    Ray at, Oct 10, 2003