    Ideas ?

    Maybe there is a module that does this ?

    Andrew

    Andrew Rich, Sep 7, 2008

  2. Andrew Rich wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have had success going from lat and lon to bearing and distance from a
    > known point.
    >
    > Now I have a need to go the other way.
    >
    > Given a known point, and given the bearing and distance, calculate the lat
    > and lon.
    >
    > Ideas ?
    >
    > Maybe there is a module that does this ?

    search.cpan.org

    Mark

    Mark Clements, Sep 7, 2008

  3. Andrew Rich

    Zed Pobre Guest

    Andrew Rich <> wrote:

    > I have had success going from lat and lon to bearing and distance from a
    > known point.
    >
    > Now I have a need to go the other way.
    >
    > Given a known point, and given the bearing and distance, calculate the lat
    > and lon.
    >
    > Ideas ?
    >
    > Maybe there is a module that does this ?

    I suspect that what you want is Geo::Direction::Distance.

    If it isn't, searching CPAN for "Geo Distance" should bring up quite a
    few other tools.

    --
    Zed Pobre <> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <>
    PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.

    Zed Pobre, Sep 8, 2008
  4. Andrew Rich

    Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <48c34c6a$>, Andrew Rich
    <> wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I have had success going from lat and lon to bearing and distance from a
    > known point.
    >
    > Now I have a need to go the other way.
    >
    > Given a known point, and given the bearing and distance, calculate the lat
    > and lon.
    >
    > Ideas ?
    >
    > Maybe there is a module that does this ?

    There are several. I wrote one called Geo::Ellipsoid and submitted it
    to CPAN. I have been using it for several years. I would be glad to
    help you with it if you have any problems using it.

    Other modules that do the same thing are Geo::Forward and
    Geo::Direction::Distance. They all give comparable results, according
    to my admittedly short tests.

    --
    Jim Gibson

    Jim Gibson, Sep 8, 2008