Cascading Style Sheet Hazard

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Radium, Apr 30, 2006.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is hazardous to your privacy. It allows
    others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows them to
    copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows them to
    copy files from your computer to their's. It is dangerous. Avoid at all
    costs.

    CSS that isn't stored in the victim's computer. Instead it is stored in
    the perpetrator's PC. What it does is it reads everything on the
    victim's screen and checks on the victim's visited webpages and can
    even read text from any text or word application being used by the
    victim. CSS is not a security risk and does not trick the victim's PC
    into sending info to the perp. However, this is an extreme invasion of
    the victim's privacy. The victim has no idea, that he/she is being
    violated. The assailant can read text, and see any pictures that happen
    to be on the victim's monitor without actually accessing the victim's
    computer.

    Your computer may not be at all damaged or touched. However, your
    confidential information can easily be read by the attacker and anyone
    the attacker gives it to. You don't have to download anything, visit
    any website, or even use a browser to be attacked. You just need to be
    connected to the internet and the attacker can strike you.

    Once again, the victim's PC does not store any part of CSS. All info
    and software is stored in the assailant's PC.

    Radium, Apr 30, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero, Apr 30, 2006

  3. On Mon, 01 May 2006 00:22:23 +0200, Radium <> wrote:

    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is hazardous to your privacy. It allows
    > others on the internet to see your monitor and files.

    [ snip ]

    > Once again, the victim's PC does not store any part of CSS. All info
    > and software is stored in the assailant's PC.

    Erm, you're a month late.

    --
    ______PretLetters:
    | weblog | http://www.pretletters.net/weblog/weblog.html |

    Barbara de Zoete, Apr 30, 2006
  4. Bull.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Apr 30, 2006
  5. Radium

    Gray Ghost Guest

    <snip>

    Ummm... bull. And oh yeah, troll.

    Gray Ghost, May 1, 2006
  6. Radium

    Xplanes Guest

    Wow. I had no idea. Excuse me while I unplug my PC.

    Xplanes, May 1, 2006

    Oh man, I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Thanks for humor.

    Erik Funkenbusch, May 1, 2006
  8. Radium

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode,
    <>,
    the lovely and talented Radium
    broadcast on comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html:

    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is hazardous to your privacy. It allows
    > others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows them to
    > copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows them to
    > copy files from your computer to their's. It is dangerous. Avoid at all
    > costs.

    No. No. No. When you make your hat, the *shiny* side of the tinfoil
    goes on the *outside*!

    --
    Lars Eighner http://www.larseighner.com/
    My mail reader can beat up your mail reader.

    Lars Eighner, May 1, 2006
  9. Radium

    sunil Guest

    '"The real Humer"

    sunil, May 1, 2006
  10. Radium

    ironcorona Guest

    Lars Eighner wrote:
    > In our last episode,
    > <>,
    > the lovely and talented Radium
    > broadcast on comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html:
    >
    >> Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is hazardous to your privacy. It allows
    >> others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows them to
    >> copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows them to
    >> copy files from your computer to their's. It is dangerous. Avoid at all
    >> costs.

    > No. No. No. When you make your hat, the *shiny* side of the tinfoil
    > goes on the *outside*!

    Oh, didn't you get the memo?

    WARNING: CSS may cause one or all of the following:
    Bad Breath, RSI, Severe Bleeding, Hallucinations, Gigantism, Avian Flu,
    Lycanthropy, Sociopathy, Loss of Limbs and, in some extreme cases, the
    sudden death of all life within 10 kilometers.

    The public are advised to stay away from web pages with CSS files and if
    anyone comes into contact with a raw CSS file they should immediately
    contact the authorities.

    A person caught using or distributing a CSS file will be fined, jailed,
    deported and executed without trial and with no course for appeal.

    Stamp out Css - Keep the Web Safe.

    --
    ironcorona

    ironcorona, May 1, 2006
  11. [follow-up set to news:alt.html]
    While the city slept, Radium () feverishly typed...

    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is hazardous to your privacy. It allows
    > others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows them
    > to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows
    > them to copy files from your computer to their's. It is dangerous.
    > Avoid at all costs.

    [...]

    Right... that's it! I'm going back to using tables for layout and font tag
    soup from now on!!! ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    Mail address will bounce. | Take the DOG. out!

    nice.guy.nige, May 1, 2006
  12. Radium

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > Radium:
    >
    >> You just need to be connected to the internet and the attacker can
    >> strike you.

    > How?

    With a cricket bat.

    > And why?

    Because he's visited scaiecat-spa-gigi.com.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, May 1, 2006
  13. nice.guy.nige wrote:
    > [follow-up set to news:alt.html]
    > While the city slept, Radium () feverishly typed...
    >

    >>Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is hazardous to your privacy. It allows
    >>others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows them
    >>to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows
    >>them to copy files from your computer to their's. It is dangerous.
    >>Avoid at all costs.

    > [...]
    >
    > Right... that's it! I'm going back to using tables for layout and font tag
    > soup from now on!!! ;-)

    Have fun.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

    Edwin van der Vaart, May 1, 2006
  14. Radium

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    ironcorona wrote:
    > Lars Eighner wrote:
    >> In our last episode,
    >> <>,
    >> the lovely and talented Radium
    >> broadcast on comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html:
    >>
    >>> Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is hazardous to your privacy. It allows
    >>> others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows
    >>> them to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also
    >>> allows them to copy files from your computer to their's. It is
    >>> dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

    >> No. No. No. When you make your hat, the *shiny* side of the tinfoil
    >> goes on the *outside*!

    > Oh, didn't you get the memo?
    >
    > WARNING: CSS may cause one or all of the following:
    > Bad Breath, RSI, Severe Bleeding, Hallucinations, Gigantism, Avian
    > Flu, Lycanthropy, Sociopathy, Loss of Limbs and, in some extreme
    > cases, the sudden death of all life within 10 kilometers.

    It can also cause gingervitus, not to be confused with gingivitis.

    Nik Coughlin, May 2, 2006
  15. "Toby Inkster" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > Radium:
    > >
    > >> You just need to be connected to the internet and the attacker can
    > >> strike you.

    > > How?

    > With a cricket bat.
    >
    > > And why?

    > Because he's visited scaiecat-spa-gigi.com.

    There are some users who have visited the site I am wondering about.....
    For example this:
    0x5358c79a.arcnxx21.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk
    (see the other thread "What is a website-analyzer?")

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    今天二零零六年五月二日

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 2, 2006
  16. Radium

    AndyZa Guest

    > Right... that's it! I'm going back to using tables for
    > layout and font tag soup from now on!!! ;-)

    At least "common sense" has prevailed!

    ;->

    AndyZa, May 4, 2006