case insensitive attribute names

D. Alvarado

Hello, I'm sure this is a pretty easy question, but how would I
indnicate in my XML schema that I wanted to make attribute name
comparisons case insensitive? For example, is I had an element

<MYELEMENT myattr="1">

I would want the "myattr" attribute to validate against

<xs:schema name="MYATTR" type="xs:integer"/>

Thanks, -

Klaus Johannes Rusch

D. Alvarado said:
Hello, I'm sure this is a pretty easy question, but how would I
indnicate in my XML schema that I wanted to make attribute name
comparisons case insensitive? For example, is I had an element

<MYELEMENT myattr="1">

I would want the "myattr" attribute to validate against

<xs:schema name="MYATTR" type="xs:integer"/>

You cannot, element and attribute names are case sensitive in XML.

The closest to case insensitivity would be defining a choice of
attributes in lowercase, uppercase and any variation of mixed case you
would like to accept, but that would add unnecessarily complexity in the
processing of the document.

Why would you not want to define the case?