    I have on the Web.config file? Do I have to use regular expressions?

    thanks
    Nemo
    nemo, Apr 21, 2006

  2. nemo

    Patrice Guest

    IMO you'll have to compare yourself using a case sensitive comparison in
    your login page.

    I'm not sure about the goal (as this is unusual it could confuse users, if
    this is for additional protection I would rather enforce a particular policy
    for passwords).

    Patrice, Apr 21, 2006

  3. nemo

    nemo Guest

    Thanks Patrice for your response. The problem I'm facing is as follows:
    I don't want multiple users to log in with the same username. However
    if I have "user" as the username and "pass" as the password in my
    Web.Config file, the program I've written is allowing "user", "User" as
    well as "USER" to log in with the same password "pass". But I want to
    allow only "user".

    thanks
    Nemo
    nemo, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Why? do you wish to give out user, User and USER to different users as
    usernames. Windows users do not expect usernames to be case sensitive, case
    sensitive usernames are more of a *nix thing. What are you trying to acheive
    by hacing case sensitive user names.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Apr 21, 2006
  5. nemo

    nemo Guest

    Thanks a lot. So I take it that if an user logs in as "user", closes
    the browser window, and logs back as "USER", she will "see" her old
    session, right? To asp both are the same, right?
    nemo, Apr 21, 2006