Cassini fails with An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anbu, Mar 1, 2007.

  1. Anbu

    Anbu Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm using the Cassini component in my desktop application to create a
    web site to host the web services. The application works fine in
    normal scenario. If the system is kept idle for some time, the
    application getting terminated with the following error:

    Unhandled Exception : An existing connection was forcibly closed by
    the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
    size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)
    at Cassini.Connection.WriteEntireResponseFromString(Int32
    statusCode, String extraHeaders, String body, Boolean keepAlive)
    at Cassini.Connection.WriteErrorAndClose(Int32 statusCode, String
    message)
    at Cassini.Connection.ProcessOneRequest()
    at Cassini.Host.OnSocketAccept(Object acceptedSocket)
    at
    System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object
    state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
    executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at
    System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
    state)

    Is there any solution to solve this problem in Cassini?

    Thanks for your help

    Anbu, Mar 1, 2007

  2. RE: Cassini fails with An existing connection was forcibly closed by t

    There was similar error reported in BizTalk which creates & removes ports
    dynamically. It would be interesting to know how to implement the same in
    Cassini

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5idQ==?=, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Anbu

    Anbu Guest

    Re: Cassini fails with An existing connection was forcibly closed by t

    I found the reason for failure of the cassini web server. It's due to
    multiple calls to the server at the same time. When I invoke a
    download functionality implemented in a web site, the cassini fails.

    Any suggestions?

    Anbu, Mar 13, 2007
  4. Re: Cassini fails with An existing connection was forcibly closed by t

    Check to see if the suggestions in this article are helpful.

    http://blogs.msdn.com/dgorti/archive/2005/09/18/470766.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 13, 2007
  5. Re: Cassini fails with An existing connection was forcibly closed by t

    You might also want to consider using Cassini v2.

    An update was posted by its author at:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/dmitryr/archive/2006/03/09/548131.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 13, 2007