Catalog/Directory component

Girish

Hey Guys,

Ive been looking for (quite a while now!) a
commercial/freeware/shareware component that Im unable to find. Since
all of us are programmers here, and Im not sure if this is the right
place to post... Im sorry if its not.. Im thinking this question can
be answered by some people here.

Im looking for component that can provide me with a database design
and webpages in java/jdbc that I can integrate with a website that
will give the capability of maintaining a "directory" listing certain
items/contacts/ppls names in a categorized format. Kind of how
websites are catagorized on yahoo.com. The component should store this
directory - or in my eyes - a hierarchy of items catagorized
logically, in a database. The component should allow me to add more
categories as well as entries for each category, and be able to
display them to me on a website.

Is there such a component out there? Id appreciate any help and again,
I apologize if this is the wrong place for posting.

Some other websites that have this catalog/directory that Im talking
about.
http://java.ittoolbox.com/
http://www.developer.be/webdirectory/
http://www.programmersheaven.com/default.htm