catalog.xml, any ruby tools?

Simon Strandgaard

I am writing some docbook documentation, If I understand correct
a local catalog.xml file can both avoid hardcoding in makefiles, plus
speed up if the stylesheet+dtds is located on the local machine.

Has any of you made a ruby script which can generate catalog.xml,
out from where the stylesheet+dtds is localy located ?

Alexander Bokovoy

I am writing some docbook documentation, If I understand correct
a local catalog.xml file can both avoid hardcoding in makefiles, plus
speed up if the stylesheet+dtds is located on the local machine.

Has any of you made a ruby script which can generate catalog.xml,
out from where the stylesheet+dtds is localy located ?
No but I can point you to libxml2 where xmlcatalog utility resides. Look
at how it operates and you'll be able to write the same in Ruby easily.

Simon Strandgaard

No but I can point you to libxml2 where xmlcatalog utility resides. Look
at how it operates and you'll be able to write the same in Ruby easily.

The xmlcatalog tool only confuses one more than it helps.
I like its idea of a shell where you can query on any catalog.xml file,
unfortunatly xmlcatalog query interface is insufficiently and ackward.
A Ruby replacement would be nice.

I have written a short tutorial on how to setup a DocBook environment
which uses catalog.xml, it should approxmately take 15 minutes.

http://aeditor.rubyforge.org/mini_docbook.html

Please review and comment on it.