CatalogZone and closing Web Parts

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Larry, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Hi There:

    I have been playiong around with web parts - I don't understand some of the
    design choices behind CatalogZone and closing of web parts.

    1) If you close a web part that is *not* in your catalog, how do you get it
    back? It seems to be gone forever.

    2) Also, the CatalogZone only seems to allow you to add zones, not remove
    them. Is this so?

    There seems to be an inconsistency in that if a user is in a state of mind
    to browse, they should browse, not be able to close their web parts. They
    should only be able to close their web parts in the same area they can add
    new ones.

    I would think the catalog should display a list of the web parts displayed,
    plus the parts you can add, so you could check, uncheck boxes.

    Thanks.

    Larry, Aug 16, 2004